Shimano Syncopate FG Spinning Reel
The Shimano Syncopate FG Spinning Reel was designed with high end features and Shimano's Quick Fire II one handed casting. This reel also features Shimano's Propulsion Line Management System for increased casting distance and reduced wind knots and birdnests. The Syncopate FGs are perfect for all freshwater and inshore saltwater applications.
- Saltwater approved
- Graphite frame, sideplate and rotor
- Forged aluminum spool
- Ported handle
- Four shielded ball bearings
- Rated for use with monofilament, fluorocarbon and braided lines
- This feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Power Roller
- Line twist arising from repeated casting and retrieving is reduced by as much as 50% on reels equipped with the Power Roller line twist reduction system. Power Roller's special grooved design assures the line will be wrapped on the spool to minimize unwanted loops and twists during the cast.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- Quickfire II
- For easy and fast one-handed casts, the line and trigger self-center and are within easy grasp of the angler's index finger
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Normal oscillation systems use a constant rotation of the oscillation gear that, when translated to the cam, provides an inconsistent spool speed. This results in line lay that stacks at either end of the spool. By using an oval oscillation gear, we are able to alter the speed of the oscillation cam to provide a consistent spool speed. This results in an even line lay that provides excellent castability and manageability.
Ratings & Reviews
Great Reel At Best Price
by Texas PawPaw -
FishUSA had the best price I could find with free delivery and free returns.
Shimano Syncopate Spinning Reels
by gotfish1 -
Shimano. Doesn't get any better for quality and value.
Shimano Syncopate FG Spinning Reels
by gotfish -
Smooth and reliable. Excellent product as are all Shimano items.
So satisfied, I bought the last one!
by Ron -
I bought the first Shimano Syncopate FG 1000 reel, because it was a replacement for a Shimano Ultralite I inadvertently kicked into the lake! I liked it so well, I bought another, the last one they had!
Shimano Syncopate 1000 - Great Reel
by Allegheny Angler -
I have been fishing trout streams in PA for many years and have used a good many reels. I like the Quick-Fire feature of this reel, especially with lures. I used the 1000 model with 6 lb. test. Usually I have a lot of trouble with birds nests in the line. This season I did a lot of fishing and I had virtually no birds nests. And I can cast farther with this reel than with other reels. I have had no problems with it. I highly recommend this reel.
Very nice reel
by Ted -
Great for trout spinning
I love this reel for bass fishing.
by Papa Paul
I like the Quick Fire II feature. It makes the casting much easier and faster.
by Bryan -
This is my second Syncopate. First one lasted me 15 years, can't say much more than that.
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent
by Frank -
I did a little research before purchasing this reel for an ultra lite rod I have and it has proven to be one of the best purchases I've made in a while. I've used it a few times already and it far surpasses what I expected. In addition, I'm greatful to FishUSA for their product knowledge,(they answered a question I had about this reel that Shimano didn't)good price, [...]Thanks FishUSA.
Great all round reel.
I have two of these reels. They are great for bass. Great for quick retreves to get your bait moving quick. I like the Quick Fire II feature. Ialso like the versital line feature.
i would buy this reel again
by vern -
like this reel a lot for trrout
THE ANTS PANTS
by Barmy Barney -
FOUND IT TO BE A GOOD GENERAL PURPOSE REEL IN THE RIGHT PRICE RANGE. iDEAL FOR IN THE LAKE FOR BREAM FLATHEAD WHITING ETC.
This is a great reel for the price.
This is a great reel for the price. I love the quickfire cast ability. I was undecided between this model, the Shimano Sienna and the Okuma Ignite. After seeing each reel talking with the staff in the pro shop this was the right choice for me. I've already landed more steelhead than last season.
SureFire trigger is great
These are awesome reels for the money. I love the Surefire trigger system.
<br>FishUSA had it in stock and shipped it the same day I ordered it. I received the boxed version with instruction manual and parts schematic.