How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your online orders and to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
Some examples of how we use your personal information include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To register and service your account;
- To administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information;
- To help us personalize our service offerings, websites, and advertising;
- To help us improve your experience on our websites;
- To send you information about our products, services, and promotions;
- To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide to us; and
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites and our business.
To do this, we combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and offline, including information from third party sources.
How do we share your personal information outside of FishUSA?
We will not sell or rent your personal information. We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, when legally required, or with your consent.
We will not share your personal information outside of our company, except in the following circumstances:
We share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our products and services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers maintain facilities.
During promotional events in which you provide your email address or phone number, your email address or phone number may be provided to another company that co-sponsors that promotion. In these cases, the terms of the promotion will explain how your email address or phone number is being used and whether it will be shared.
Legal requirements and protection of our company and others
We may share your personal information in special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of FishUSA, our customers, our associates, or other persons.
- Protecting the health or safety of our customers;
- Addressing crimes committed on our property or through our websites;
- Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk;
- Providing personal information from cameras to law enforcement at their written request;
- Responding to discovery in a legal proceeding or to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry; and
- Responding to an investigative body.
Our website offers social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on the website with other media, and vice versa. The use of these features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature.
With your consent
In any circumstance other than those described above, we will ask for your affirmative consent before we share your personal information outside of our company.
What are your choices?
You have choices about the various ways we collect, use, and share your personal information.
We want to offer you choices about the different ways we collect, use, or share your personal information. These choices are described below.
When we are sending marketing communications to you, we use the following standards:
We use an opt-in standard for phone and text messages. We use an opt-in standard for sharing personal information with companies outside FishUSA for their use in direct marketing, such as sending you promotions. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your affirmative consent.
We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications, such as postal mail. Opt-out means we may contact you, but will stop upon your request (as described below).
We use an SMS (Short Message Service) and/or MMS (Multimedia Message Service) text messaging platform to periodically send text notifications and text marketing offers. You must opt in to receive these text messages. You opt-in by entering your phone number and subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword or by texting to the number we provide. By opting-in, you agree that we may periodically send you text notifications and text marketing offers.
Once you enroll, the frequency of text alerts we send to you will vary. We do not impose any charge for text alerts. However, your mobile carrier's message and data rates may apply depending on the terms and conditions of your mobile phone contract.
Information such as your phone number, name, and purchase information may be used with our text messaging platform to send you targeted marketing messages and notifications.
If you wish to opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications, reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us, use the unsubscribe link we provide you within any of our messages, or Contact Us and request that you be unsubscribed.
If you are subscribed to our text messages and have questions about the service, please text "HELP" to the number you received the messages from. You can also Contact Us for more information.
If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address. Please allow sufficient time for your marketing preferences to be processed. It may take up to ten days to process your requests related to email and up to 30 days to process your requests related to telephone calls, text messages, and sharing information with your consent. Please note that postal mailings are often prepared many weeks in advance, and you may continue to receive mail for six to ten weeks.
Please know that even if you opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, customer surveys, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order.
Interest-based advertising preferences
We may personalize your experience on our sites by showing you advertisements that are tailored to your interests. For example, if you browse or shop for fishing line with us or on other sites, we may show you ads for fishing line as you continue to browse the internet.
We belong to ad networks that may use your browsing history across participating websites and mobile services to show you interest-based advertisements. You may also see ads for FishUSA on participating websites based on how you browse. Some of these networks may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") or participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance's ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program. To learn more about your choices relating to members of the Network Advertising Initiative, visit their website at this link. To learn more about your choices relating to networks that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance Program, please visit their website at this link. We also use Google's advertising services. To learn more about Google's services, visit their website at this link for an explanation of what information Google collects and how it uses that information. Even if you change your preferences or opt-out, you may still see or receive our advertisements on other websites, but those advertisements will not be based upon your browsing history.
The browser on your device may offer you preferences regarding a website's collection of your information or your online activities. At this time, our websites do not respond to these preferences. However, you have the option to opt out of some interest-based advertising. To learn more about interest based advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising by participating members, visit the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Mobile location settings
Some of our services use your device's location information. You can adjust the settings of your mobile device at any time to control whether your device communicates this location information. See your device instructions to learn more about these settings. In addition, as explained above, we may offer you controls on our use of your mobile location information.
How do you access and update your personal information?
We provide you with various ways to access or update your personal information, including contact and account information. We also take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete.
You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
- If you have created an account on one of our websites, log into your account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your own contact information and payment information.
How do we secure your personal information?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of the personal information of our customers and website visitors. We use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards, to protect your personal information. These measures may include security access controls or other physical security safeguards, information security technologies and policies, procedures to help ensure the appropriate disposal of information, and training programs.
Here are some examples of security measures we use to protect your personal information:
- Passwords are required to access your online account and help to protect your account information. Please keep this password confidential.
- Encryption technology, called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), helps to protect personal information in certain areas of our websites during transport across the Internet. The presence of SSL encryption may be indicated by https in the browser URL or the image of a closed lock or solid key in the browser window.
- For payment card information, we use secured networks, encryption or other protection of cardholder data, physical and technical access controls, monitoring and tests of security systems, and other information security practices to help to protect your information.
How do we protect the privacy of children online?
Our websites are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children.
We recognize the importance of protecting the online privacy of children. In order to protect the privacy of children, our websites knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 only with prior parental consent or as permitted by law. Please Contact Us if you believe we may have collected information from your child through our websites and we will work to delete it.
6960 West Ridge Road
Fairview, PA 16415
Rights under the CCPA
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the CCPA) provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section explains those rights and applies only to California residents.
Under the terms of the CCPA, the CCPA does not apply to FishUSA. Therefore, we are not required to make the disclosures identified in the CCPA or comply with requests to opt-out, delete or disclose. Nonetheless, at our discretion, and without waiving our right to demonstrate that the CCPA does not apply to us, we provide the disclosures below, and may respond to requests to opt-out, delete or disclose as explained below.
- You have the right to opt-out of our sale of your personal information.
- You have the right to request deletion of the personal information collected or maintained by us. Please note that deleting your information will remove your purchase history from our records and we will be unable to provide you with a record of your purchases.
- You have the right to request (up to twice in a 12-month period) that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell, including:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
Verifying your request
In order to protect your information from unauthorized deletion or disclosure, we will verify your request using three pieces of Personal Information that can be verified against data previously collected from you and in our systems. We will contact you via phone at the number you provide.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf (your designated authorized agent), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. Please note that any third-party agent services are required to be registered in the state of California in order to act on your behalf.
We will request your name, mailing address, and email address from you in order to complete the verification process. We will also request some additional information, such as: last four digits of your credit card, the last item you ordered, the date of your last order, the total dollar charge of your last order, the last item you returned, or the name of the person you have shipped to in the past.
We will only use personal information provided to us for this purpose to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
When we are not able to verify your request, we must deny the request, but we will communicate the reason for the denial to you.
Information we collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records or deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
We have collected the following categories of personal information within the last twelve (12) months:
Real names, aliases, postal addresses, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses, email addresses, account names, Social Security numbers, driver's license numbers, and other similar identifiers.
Names, signatures, Social Security numbers, addresses, telephone numbers, driver's license, military or state identification card numbers, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, debit card numbers, and other financial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet and Network Activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
We obtain the personal information listed above from forms you complete or products and services you purchase, and by observing your actions on our website and other websites we control or operate.
Per the CCPA's definition of "sell," we sell or may sell the following categories of personal information in order to deliver a more personalized experience and to show you products that we think you'll be interested in:
Identifiers; commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity; geolocation data.
Per the CCPA's definition of "sell," we sell or may sell personal information to the following categories of vendors:
Data brokers, credit card issuer, and media companies/platforms.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, when required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Exercising your rights
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to know
If you'd like to make a Right to Know request, click here or contact us at 1-800-922-1219.
We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days.
We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. You may make a Right to Know request up to twice in a 12-month period. We will deliver our written response by mail or email.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your Right to Know request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Right to delete
If you'd like to make a Right to Delete request, click here or contact us at 1-800-922-1219.
If you simply want to stop receiving emails from us, please click on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email we sent, or if you have an account on our website, log into that account and select Settings - Email Preferences, and deselect the option to receive emails.
You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that we collected or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
If you request deletion of your Personal Information:
- Your purchase history will no longer be accessible
- We will not be able to look up your transactions for returns, warranty claims or to provide any order historyaccessible
- You will be required to provide a receipt for any future returnsaccessible
- You will no longer have access to your account at FishUSA.com
We will continue to maintain limited information needed to comply with product recalls, fraud prevention, and other legal and business requirements.
Once we receive and confirm your deletion request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, within 45 days, unless an exception applies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If you'd like to make a Do Not Sell request, click here or contact us at 1-800-922-1219.
You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out").
We will process your Opt-Out request within 15 days and will notify third parties of your request.
We may deny a request if we deemed it to be fraudulent.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.