The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the CCPA) provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section explains those rights and applies only to California residents.
Under the terms of the CCPA, the CCPA does not apply to FishUSA. Therefore, we are not required to make the disclosures identified in the CCPA or comply with requests to opt-out, delete or disclose. Nonetheless, at our discretion, and without waiving our right to demonstrate that the CCPA does not apply to us, we provide the disclosures below, and may respond to requests to opt-out, delete or disclose as explained below.
- You have the right to opt-out of our sale of your personal information.
- You have the right to request deletion of the personal information collected or maintained by us. Please note that deleting your information will remove your purchase history from our records and we will be unable to provide you with a record of your purchases.
- You have the right to request (up to twice in a 12-month period) that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell, including:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
Verifying your request
In order to protect your information from unauthorized deletion or disclosure, we will verify your request using three pieces of Personal Information that can be verified against data previously collected from you and in our systems. We will contact you via phone at the number you provide.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf (your designated authorized agent), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. Please note that any third-party agent services are required to be registered in the state of California in order to act on your behalf.
We will request your name, mailing address, and email address from you in order to complete the verification process. We will also request some additional information, such as: last four digits of your credit card, the last item you ordered, the date of your last order, the total dollar charge of your last order, the last item you returned, or the name of the person you have shipped to in the past.
We will only use personal information provided to us for this purpose to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
When we are not able to verify your request, we must deny the request, but we will communicate the reason for the denial to you.
Information we collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records or deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
We have collected the following categories of personal information within the last twelve (12) months:
Real names, aliases, postal addresses, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses, email addresses, account names, Social Security numbers, driver's license numbers, and other similar identifiers.
Names, signatures, Social Security numbers, addresses, telephone numbers, driver's license, military or state identification card numbers, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, debit card numbers, and other financial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet and Network Activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
We obtain the personal information listed above from forms you complete or products and services you purchase, and by observing your actions on our website and other websites we control or operate.
Per the CCPA's definition of "sell," we sell or may sell the following categories of personal information in order to deliver a more personalized experience and to show you products that we think you'll be interested in:
Identifiers; commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity; geolocation data.
Per the CCPA's definition of "sell," we sell or may sell personal information to the following categories of vendors:
Data brokers, credit card issuer, and media companies/platforms.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, when required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Exercising your rights
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to know
If you'd like to make a Right to Know request, click here or contact us at 1-800-922-1219.
We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days.
We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. You may make a Right to Know request up to twice in a 12-month period. We will deliver our written response by mail or email.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your Right to Know request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Right to delete
If you'd like to make a Right to Delete request, click here or contact us at 1-800-922-1219.
If you simply want to stop receiving emails from us, please click on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email we sent, or if you have an account on our website, log into that account and select Settings - Email Preferences, and deselect the option to receive emails.
You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that we collected or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
If you request deletion of your Personal Information:
- Your purchase history will no longer be accessible
- We will not be able to look up your transactions for returns, warranty claims or to provide any order historyaccessible
- You will be required to provide a receipt for any future returnsaccessible
- You will no longer have access to your account at FishUSA.com
We will continue to maintain limited information needed to comply with product recalls, fraud prevention, and other legal and business requirements.
Once we receive and confirm your deletion request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, within 45 days, unless an exception applies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If you'd like to make a Do Not Sell request, click here or contact us at 1-800-922-1219.
You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out").
We will process your Opt-Out request within 15 days and will notify third parties of your request.
We may deny a request if we deemed it to be fraudulent.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.