We appreciate the trust and confidence you place in FishUSA, and we are committed to respecting your privacy and the security of your personal information.
Who do I contact for more information?
What type of information do we collect?
We collect two types of information: (1) information we receive from you and (2) information we receive from others. Information we receive from you includes information you share with us, such as when you create an account on one of our websites. This also includes information you provide us through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites. We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our stores, websites, and mobile services.
Information we receive from you
You share information with us in various ways both online, and if you shop at our Pro Shop.
For example, you share information when you:
- Make an online purchase or other transaction with us;
- Make a purchase in our Pro Shop;
- Create an account on one of our websites;
- Conduct a transaction or request a service where we collect information (including when required by law, such as the purchase of a fishing license);
- Contact us to request service or provide comments or suggestions;
- Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content on one of our websites; and
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey.
When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, and payment information.
You also provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our websites work correctly and supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts, which we use to understand the needs of our customers and to provide information about our products and services. Here are some examples:
- Device Information: We collect technical information when you visit our websites. This includes information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of a referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your interaction with our websites.
- Browsing Information: We use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites. Cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our websites. Web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and other sites were effective. We use these tools to provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location when your device is set to provide location information.
Information we receive from other sources
We receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and prevent or detect fraud. For example, we may collect demographic and address information from third party sources and information from third party social media platforms (such as Facebook) if you log into our websites using your social media account credentials or if you make certain content and information publicly available, such as photos, videos, and profile information.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your online orders and to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
Some examples of how we use your personal information include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To register and service your account;
- To administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information;
- To help us personalize our service offerings, websites, and advertising;
- To help us improve your experience on our websites;
- To send you information about our products, services, and promotions;
- To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide to us; and
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites and our business.
To do this, we combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and offline, including information from third party sources.
How do we share your personal information outside of FishUSA?
We will not sell or rent your personal information. We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, when legally required, or with your consent.
We will not share your personal information outside of our company, except in the following circumstances:
We share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our products and services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers maintain facilities.
During promotional events in which you provide your email address or phone number, your email address or phone number may be provided to another company that co-sponsors that promotion. In these cases, the terms of the promotion will explain how your email address or phone number is being used and whether it will be shared.
Legal requirements and protection of our company and others
We may share your personal information in special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of FishUSA, our customers, our associates, or other persons.
- Protecting the health or safety of our customers;
- Addressing crimes committed on our property or through our websites;
- Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk;
- Providing personal information from cameras to law enforcement at their written request;
- Responding to discovery in a legal proceeding or to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry; and
- Responding to an investigative body.
Our website offers social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on the website with other media, and vice versa. The use of these features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature.
With your consent
In any circumstance other than those described above, we will ask for your affirmative consent before we share your personal information outside of our company.
What are your choices?
You have choices about the various ways we collect, use, and share your personal information.
We want to offer you choices about the different ways we collect, use, or share your personal information. These choices are described below.
When we are sending marketing communications to you, we use the following standards:
We use an opt-in standard for phone and text messages. We use an opt-in standard for sharing personal information with companies outside FishUSA for their use in direct marketing, such as sending you promotions. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your affirmative consent.
We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications, such as postal mail. Opt-out means we may contact you, but will stop upon your request (as described below).
We use an SMS (Short Message Service) and/or MMS (Multimedia Message Service) text messaging platform to periodically send text notifications and text marketing offers. You must opt in to receive these text messages. You opt-in by entering your phone number and subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword or by texting to the number we provide. By opting-in, you agree that we may periodically send you text notifications and text marketing offers.
Once you enroll, the frequency of text alerts we send to you will vary. We do not impose any charge for text alerts. However, your mobile carrier's message and data rates may apply depending on the terms and conditions of your mobile phone contract.
Information such as your phone number, name, and purchase information may be used with our text messaging platform to send you targeted marketing messages and notifications.
If you wish to opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications, reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us, use the unsubscribe link we provide you within any of our messages, or Contact Us and request that you be unsubscribed.
If you are subscribed to our text messages and have questions about the service, please text "HELP" to the number you received the messages from. You can also Contact Us for more information.
If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address. Please allow sufficient time for your marketing preferences to be processed. It may take up to ten days to process your requests related to email and up to 30 days to process your requests related to telephone calls, text messages, and sharing information with your consent. Please note that postal mailings are often prepared many weeks in advance, and you may continue to receive mail for six to ten weeks.
Please know that, even if you opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, customer surveys, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order.
Interest-based advertising preferences
We may personalize your experience on our sites by showing you advertisements that are tailored to your interests. For example, if you browse or shop for fishing line with us or on other sites, we may show you ads for fishing line as you continue to browse the internet.
We belong to ad networks that may use your browsing history across participating websites and mobile services to show you interest-based advertisements. You may also see ads for FishUSA on participating websites based on how you browse. Some of these networks may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") or participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance's ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program. To learn more about your choices relating to members of the Network Advertising Initiative, visit their website at this link. To learn more about your choices relating to networks that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance Program, please visit their website at this link. We also use Google's advertising services. To learn more about Google's services, visit their website at this link for an explanation of what information Google collects and how it uses that information. Even if you change your preferences or opt-out, you may still see or receive our advertisements on other websites, but those advertisements will not be based upon your browsing history.
The browser on your device may offer you preferences regarding a website's collection of your information or your online activities. At this time, our websites do not respond to these preferences. However, you have the option to opt out of some interest-based advertising. To learn more about interest based advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising by participating members, visit the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Mobile location settings
Some of our services use your device's location information. You can adjust the settings of your mobile device at any time to control whether your device communicates this location information. See your device instructions to learn more about these settings. In addition, as explained above, we may offer you controls on our use of your mobile location information.
How do you access and update your personal information?
We provide you with various ways to access or update your personal information, including contact and account information. We also take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete.
You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
- If you have created an account on one of our websites, log into your account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your own contact information and payment information.
How do we secure your personal information?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of the personal information of our customers and website visitors. We use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards, to protect your personal information. These measures may include security access controls or other physical security safeguards, information security technologies and policies, procedures to help ensure the appropriate disposal of information, and training programs.
Here are some examples of security measures we use to protect your personal information:
- Passwords are required to access your online account and help to protect your account information. Please keep this password confidential.
- EEncryption technology, called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), helps to protect personal information in certain areas of our websites during transport across the Internet. The presence of SSL encryption may be indicated by https in the browser URL or the image of a closed lock or solid key in the browser window.
- For payment card information, we use secured networks, encryption or other protection of cardholder data, physical and technical access controls, monitoring and tests of security systems, and other information security practices to help to protect your information.
How do we protect the privacy of children online?
Our websites are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children.
We recognize the importance of protecting the online privacy of children. In order to protect the privacy of children, our websites knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 only with prior parental consent or as permitted by law. Please Contact Us if you believe we may have collected information from your child through our websites and we will work to delete it.
6960 West Ridge Road
Fairview, PA 16415
What are your California privacy rights?
We share personal information with others outside of FishUSA for direct marketing of their products only if we have your affirmative consent (opt in). To request a list of third parties to whom we may share personal information for their marketing purposes and the categories of information we may disclose, please mail your request to our address listed below:
6960 West Ridge Road
Fairview, PA 16415