Shimano Symetre Spinning Rod and Reel Combo
Select from the models below
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
Some rods and reels are just made for each other, with the Shimano Symetre Spinning Rod and Reel Combo, you’ll find just that! High-performance and versatility, this combo can resonate with anglers of all styles! The rod features a high-quality graphite blank and stainless steel guides with aluminum oxide. The reel is designed with Shimano’s lightweight, graphite G-Free Body, enhancing its overall balance! An advanced Propulsion Line Management system helps increase your casting distance and accuracy! The Shimano Symetre Spinning Rod and Reel Combo is a perfectly paired combo for anglers looking to target a variety of freshwater and saltwater species!
- G Free Body
- G Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the angler's hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations, it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- High-quality graphite rod blank
- Stainless-steel frame guides and Aluminum Oxide inserts
- Use combo to target a variety of freshwater and inshore saltwater species
Ratings & Reviews
Shimano rod and reel combo...worth it!
by A L
I bought is rod and reel combo, 6'6" one piece used Yo-Zuri 8lb flouracarbon test line. Let me tell you, those smallies are definitely not getting away. Especially using a Gamakatsu circle hook (size 6) along with a senko worm, I've been crushing it. The only thing I am definitely considering is buying this rod but 6', so it fits in my Mazda CX-5 a little better. I have been really happy with this rod and I've only used it for a month. I've been targeting large and smallmouth bass, but I've caught catfish by accident with this rod and I am in love with this rod and reel combo. I have been a fan of Shimano products, this won't be a let down.
So far, just ok....
by Chris R
Decent set-up for the price. Rod and reel and very good looking together. I got the 5'6" UL and the balance it not perfect, I'd expect as a set it would be dialed, but it's tip heavy by a bit with the balance point just too far forward. Fished it once and it felt OK, but I could also feel the closure of the bale sticking a few times when closing by cranking the handle, I'd expect a bit better from the reel itself at this price. My 30$ set-ups with Shakespeare reels close more reliably than this one. I'll keep with it thru the summer, I've always been a Shimano fan (note that these are made in China, not Japan where their higher end stuff is made)