Shimano Chronarch MGL Low-Profile Casting Reel
Select from the models below
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
The Shimano Chronarch MGL Low-Profile Casting Reel has a Magnumlite spool and is designed for freshwater fishing. Shimano combines X-Ship and Micro Module gear technologies to generate a powerful, yet ultra-smooth gearing system. A stable spool design is used to create unrivaled balance with reduced vibration during casting. Anglers will experience premium performance and smoothness using the Chronarch MGL Low-Profile Casting Reel.
- Star Drag
- Designed for use exclusively in freshwater.
- Micro Module Gear
- The Micro Module Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- MGL Spool
- The new, light weight Magnumlight (MGL) spool design, significantly reduces the moment of inertia, allowing anglers to experience greater casting distance and accuracy with a wider variety of lures.
- SVS Infinity
- Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.