Rapala Touch Screen Digital Fish Scale
The Rapala Touch Screen Digital Fish Scales provide an excellent means of weighing your fish with a large, easy to use touch screen digital display.
- Large, easy to use digital touch screen
- Back light illumination for low light and night time viewing
- Sound tone with on/off feature
- Three weight display options (pound/ounces, decimal pound, or kilograms)
- Eight storage bins that store individual fish weights
- Total catch weight displays the total weight in all eight storage bins
- Ambient temp displays current air temperature
- Tare weight feature for weighing fish in storage bags
- Composite weight clamp and optional stainless steel weight hook
- 400 hour battery life from two AA batteries (sold separately)
- Back-up memory maintains stored data if battery power is lost
- Storage bag with quick reference instructions
- Water resistant design
- Model RTD15 only (Tournament 15 lb. Scale) - 8 numbered culling floats with floating tubes and stainless steel clips (corresponds with 8 storage bins that store individual fish weights)
Ratings & Reviews
Wish I hadn't bought it
Very disappointed in this scale. The LCD screen is dim and hard to read, even with the backlight on. In overcast conditions, it is almost impossible to read. The polarization of the LCD is way off - you have to tilt it back from vertical to see it clearly, and then the measured weight changes, because the stupid chain rubs on the housing. The screen is horrible! Sending it back.
Just Love It.
by ZXSkeeter -
As a tournment fisherman this is the ticket. My previous scales worked good for a while, but at 180.00 a copy when it went bad I was sick.
by Pork -
Works as it should
Great scale But.....
I received the scale and I am impressed with it's functionality. Have weighed many non-fish items around the house and the scale works perfectly. When I pulled out the included cull tags I noticed there was only 7 and not 8 as is described to correspond to the scales 8 digital bins. What was even funnier was that the cull tags received numbered 1,2, (no 3), 4,5, two 6's and an 8 (no 7)? Hey I can't count to 8 in Chinese so why should I expect that they could using the imperial system LOL! No hit on Fish USA they always do a great job and are my tackle vendor of choice. (took photos of tags but there is no place to attach them)
Great scale but poor clamp
by Mike from KC
I have bought two of these. The scales are great with very accurate readings. My issue is with the plastic clamp. One broke after one year the 2nd after 3 uses when weighing a 10lb catfish for a friend. I switched to the Rapala metal clamp scale which lasted 1 season then just quit working. I now own the Berkley metal clamp scale which has worked for 4 years.