Orvis Hydros II Euro Reel
Orvis Hydros II Euro Reel Models
The Orvis Hydros II Euro Reel enters the Euro-nymphing reels market with a full cage frame and tighter tolerances required for thin Euro lines or casting monofilament leaders. Impossibly thin fly lines won't slip between the spool and frame on the Hydros II Euro nymph reel. While retaining the wildly popular truck-stopping, fully sealed carbon and stainless steel drag system, the updated Hydros II reel is an absolute machine with several notable advancements.
Orvis increased the weight as one of those progressions for the Hydros II Euro-nymphing Reel to balance long 10 and 11 ft. Euro rods. The alterations to add a reel for Euro nymphing to the Hydros line also resulted in ergonomic improvements to drag knob accessibility. The seal on the drag knob also got a makeover to protect the clutch bearing in the drag mechanism. Further, according to Orvis, a radiused reel foot assists kink-free leader protection. The entire European nymphing reel helps the stealthiness required for this approach via a matte olive color with muted silver accents. If you're already deep into the Euro-nymph style of fishing or want to try your hand at one of the most productive forms of fly fishing, the Orvis Hydros II Euro Nymph Reel has the forward-thinking attributes to make an impact!
- Large arbor Hydros Reel with a full cage frame keeps those Euro tightlines under control.
- Precision-machined and anodized from 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum
- Slightly heavier to better balance longer rods
- Centerline drag with carbon and stainless steel surface to fight big fish; zero startup inertia
- Ergonomically accessible, indexed drag knob for repeatable adjustment
- Refined seal on the sealed drag to protect the clutch bearing in the drag mechanism
- Radiused reel foot for kink-free leader protection
Please note: The line shown in the image is for display purposes only and is not included.