Okuma Surf 8K Spinning Reel
World-renowned and trusted Okuma has released their latest spinning reel to bring the ultimate distance to your cast. The Okuma Surf 8k Spinning Reel offers a high-quality, lightweight reel with an extreme capacity to every cast. This reel is designed alongside leading surf fishermen around the country to meet every need of a spinning surf reel. The Surf 8k features a graphite rotor matched with side plates and frame to provide durability with a lightweight feel. A significant key the Surf 8K reel holds is Okuma's slow oscillation system. The slower oscillation system gives an exceptional lay upon retrieval and will be great when using braided line.
- On/Off auto trip bait feeding system
- DFD: Precision Dual Force Drag system
- Carbonite drag washers on Dual Force Drag
- Heavy duty, brass DFD and spool shaft stabilizer
- 5HPB+1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- Quick-Set ant-reverse bearing
- CRC: Corrosion-Resistant Coasting process
- Machined aluminum, screw in handle system
- Slow oscillation system
- Corrosion resistant graphite body and rotor
- CFR: Cyclonic Flow Rotor technology
- Hydro Block water tight drag seal
- Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool with LCS lip
- Heavy duty solid aluminum bail wire
- RESII: Computer balanced Rotor Equalizing System
- SURF-8K reels are backed by a 1-year limited warranty
Ratings & Reviews
Value packed surf spinning reel!
I feel this reel is a value. Not a lot of surf specific reels out there and the ones that are are usually a lot more money. Built well, feature packed and smooth with a reasonable price point. Did not find handle to be “ wobbly “. Mine is solid and well built.
Handle feels weak, wobbly
by 415snares -
Handle feels cheap, it wobbles, take some effort to reel in. I'm looking for a more solid crank replacement. Everything else about the reel performs as advertised. Because of the crank I do not recommend this product. Oh, and it's made in China.