Okuma Avenger New Generation Spinning Reel
Okuma's longest standing reel family just got better! The Okuma Avenger New Generation Spinning Reel utilizes Okuma's superior proprietary technologies with one new key feature: Cyclonic Flow Rotor (CFR) technology. CFR significantly increases airflow throughout the rotor to dry the reel faster, thus minimizing corrosion. This spinning reel also features a corrosion-resistant graphite body and rotor with a multi-disc felt drag system that provides smooth line movement. For the ultimate in smoothness and performance, the spinning reel is equipped with seven ball bearings. Its Precision Elliptical Gearing System regulates the spindle stroke speed for a more level line lay. This feature creates less friction allowing you to cast further with greater accuracy. Okuma has combine incredible technologies with an attractive body shape and cosmetics to bring you a lightweight, durable, and smooth reel at an affordable price.
- Multi-disc, Japanese oiled felt drag system
- 6BB + 1RB for ultimate smoothness and performance
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Precision machine cut brass pinion gear
- Corrosion resistant graphite body and rotor
- CFR: Cyclonic Flow Rotor technology
- Precision Elliptical Gearing System
- Models: 1000-3000 - Single Paddle Handle
- Models: 4000-10000 - T-Paddle Handle
- Manufacturer's one-year limited warranty
Ratings & Reviews
Great Reel.Great price.
This reel looks good,is smooth,and light,and depending on your line choice is capable of really long casts.I have the 6000 model.I use it for everything from salmon to saltwater.I especially like the 33lbs of drag to put the brakes on big fish.Yes you can use it in saltwater,clean it properly and you'll have no problems.I looked at many reels this size,but most didn't offer the higher drag pressure pounds i was looking for and the ones that did I didn't like the reel.This is a winner.