NRS Men's Chinook Fishing Life Vest
The NRS Chinook Fishing Life Vest is designed with ultimate comfort and utility for kayak anglers. With pockets to hold your tackle and an integrated rod holder, this vest can handle all the necessary tools you need. Plus, it is a U.S. Coast Guard approved Type III Personal Flotation Device. No other fishing vest will do the job as well and as comfortably as the NRS Chinook Fishing Life Vest.
- U.S. Coast Guard Approved Type III Life Jacket / Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Delivers 16.5 pounds of flotation
- PlushFit foam and a high-back design combine to create an extremely comfortable vest for any type of raft or kayak seat
- A mesh lower-back offers added ventilation on warm days
- Durable 400-denier ripstop nylon outer fabric
- Two large, zippered pockets, sized for tackle boxes, with internal organization, plus two smaller accessory pockets with hook-and-loop closure
- A fifth, tool holder pocket offers quick access to pliers, line cutters or other fishing gadgets and accessories
- Features a rod holder, strobe attachment point, reflective accents and knife lash tab
- Zippered front entry and six adjustment points offer a customized fit
Ratings & Reviews
This is a comfortable PFD. the pockets are mostly useful with the exception of the strap that I would assume was designed for pliers by someone that has no idea what pliers look like.
Plenty of adjustability. I am 6'7" 325 and the XL/XXL fits me with room to spare.
Safety is the Key
I purchased this vest as a new kayaker and wanted to make sure I was comfortable while I was wearing this vest. This is the most comfortable vest I have ever worn, even in the very humid summer air of NW Pa. Made very well and feel very safe when I have it on.
by Jay Brown
Switched over to the NRS Chinook from a A/M inflatable PFD at the beginning of last year and haven’t wanted to go back to it. If you are concerned about it being to hot in the dead of summer, don’t be, it’s extremely breathable and comfortable. Another plus is the size of pockets and attachment points for phones, pliers, line cutters etc. Everything is right there! Definitely a great PFD
Best vest on the market.
I switched to this vest earlier in the year. I sometimes forget that I'm wearing it, it's that comfortable. The high back does not dig into my back or have any random pressure points when I sit back in my kayak seat. I love all of the pockets this vest offers. The clip at the bottom of the zipper is great as well. It helps the vest not ride up and needing to be pulled back down.