Shimano Antares Low-Profile Casting Reel
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
Engineered to achieve both casting performance and casting versatility, the Shimano Antares Low-Profile Casting Reel is the ultimate baitcaster for long, accurate casts. Built using the MGL III spool, its spool inertia was reduced by 17% for better overall casting performance. The Antares reel requires little effort to cast and pitch light lures, while high brake force allows you to cast with much heavier lures. You'll experience smoother and quieter casts due to the S3D spool and SilentTune minimizing the vibration caused by the bearings. If you're looking for unrivaled performance in an elegant and sophisticated design, you need the Shimano Antares Low-Profile Casting Reel!
- Easy pitching/flipping and long distance casting with wide variety of lures
- Smooth and quiet casts
- Ultra-lightweight spool design
- For freshwater use
- Micro Module Gear
- The Micro Module Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- SVS Infinity
- Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- MGL Spool
- The new, light weight Magnumlight (MGL) spool design, significantly reduces the moment of inertia, allowing anglers to experience greater casting distance and accuracy with a wider variety of lures.
- S3D Shimano Stable Spool Design
- Shimano's S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- Silent Tune
- By applying a slight pressure to the bearing holding the spool, it reduces the vibration of the bearing during high speed rotation. This realizes further quietness improvement during casting. Rise of spool rotation has become even smoother.