Online Customer Service Representative - Part Time
FishUSA, Inc. -- based near Erie, Pennsylvania -- is a dynamic and rapidly-growing company that blends traditional niche retail with cutting-edge eCommerce technology. Our online store, FishUSA.com, is one of the nation's leading independent online retailers of fishing tackle.
We are currently seeking applicants for an Online Customer Service Representative. This position is based out of our facility located in Fairview, PA, west of the City of Erie.
This dynamic entry-level position offers the opportunity to work with our online customer base from around the world and will require availability from approximately 8:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. on weekdays and weekends. Strong or proven candidates may be offered opportunities to work in our local Pro Shop. We are currently seeking part-time candidates.
- Providing courteous, professional, and empathetic customer service by communicating through various channels such as email, phone, and online chat.
- Responding promptly to all customer inquiries and requests, processing new orders, and completing various forms in our internal ERP system.
- Acknowledging, resolving, and tracking all customer opportunities.
- Keeping accurate electronic records of all customer comments, interactions and transactions.
- Communicating and coordinating with other employees and departments as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of all customer service processes to the Customer Service Supervisor or the Management Team as needed.
- Acquiring an extensive knowledge of all products and services in order to ensure customer satisfaction and professional customer support.
- Friendly and cheerful personality with a focus on customer service.
- Proficiency on the computer.
- Excellent writing, typing, and grammar skills.
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to write emails that are clear, accurate, and professional.
- Ability to engage in online chat in a prompt, clear, and professional manner.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and demeanor.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work on a computer up to 10 hours per shift.
- A willingness to help where needed during peak business events.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of sportfishing, and a passion for fishing and the outdoors.
- Experience in a call center, or in retail customer service.
Interested and qualified candidates should send us their resume and cover letter, in Word or PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are also available at our Pro Shop, located at 6960 West Ridge Road, Fairview, during our regular Pro Shop hours.
A cover letter is strongly encouraged. When applying, please include an explanation of your familiarity with fishing and the fishing industry.
FishUSA offers an informal but professional work environment. Local, individual candidates only.
FishUSA is a fast-growing e-business. Come grow with us!
FishUSA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Updated March 15, 2021