Simms Freestone Backpack
A Simms Freestone Backpack bests the slew of imitators, which fall short of being an authentic fly fishing backpack. One can always tell the impersonator by the harness system. The Freestone Backpack is ready for days on the water with a loop patch for fly storage and a tool docking station. The others simply don't have this fishing-specific cargo layout. Plus, seamless integration with the Simms Freestone Chest pack defeats trying to rig it with a regular hiking pack.
Of course, this Simms fishing backpack is lightweight and reliable with tear-resistant 330-denier nylon ripstop fabric with backside PU coating and face DWR treatment. A rainfly is included (this is extra with many other hiker packs). As is typical with better backpacks, this Simms offering allows you to access the main compartment through a top-loading lid or a side entry. Store additional fishing gear and fly boxes on the outside via a large stretch-woven outside pocket and loop field on the face of the pack. Carry all comfortably with padded shoulder straps that are breathable and fully adjustable. Comparably-priced regular backpacks can't compete with the fishing dedicated Simms Freestone Backpack.
- Shell: 330-denier nylon ripstop with water repellent coating; backside PU coating; rainfly included
- Liner: 200-denier polyester
- Easy access main compartment via a top-loading lid or U-shaped side entry
- Padded, breathable, and fully adjustable harness system; removable waist belt
- Stretch mesh exterior water bottle side pocket
- Large external stretch woven pocket
- Features loop patch for fly storage and tool docking system
- Capacity: 30 L
- Weight: 20 oz.
- Integrates with Freestone Chest Pack