Shimano Stella FK Spinning Reel
Shimano Stella FK Spinning Reel Models
Please note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
A Shimano Stella FK Spinning Reel takes Darwin's Theory of Evolution and runs with it, designed and built to put cutting-edge reel technology into your hands. The iconic heritage of the Stella family is not left to rest on its laurels as Shimano inputs so many technological advancements into this reel to make it perform like a natural extension of your hand.
The specialized mechanics include HAGANE gears for added strength and MicroModule II technology for smoothness and sound reduction. Infinity Xross technology improves load distribution and provides unequaled gear durability. Shimano looked to Stella's saltwater brethren and borrowed from it, adding InfinityDrive to the Stella FK for light rotation and increased cranking power for fighting big fish. A revolutionary Duracross drag system offers the smoothness you want from felt drag washers and adds the toughness of Cross Carbon for a new material that is 10 times more durable. There are even more groundbreaking features and benefits in the FK than you can shake the proverbial stick at! Get ahead of the curve yourself with a Shimano Stella FK Spinning Reel!
- CI4+ is an advanced version of the original CI4. This highly technical carbon material maintains 2.5 times more rigidity than CI4. While improving lightness and rigidity, the body and rotor are further reduced in size and weight.
- G-Free Body
- G-Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the angler's hand, the G-Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminate body flexing on the reel while fighting fish. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power, increasing efficiency through strength.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead, the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and formed by Shimano's cold-forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continue to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Infinity Drive
- The main shaft supporting structure improves winding torque by 30% while allowing incredibly smooth and light rotation. This essentially means having the benefit of a quick line retrieve of an HG ratio reel but with the power and winding torque similar to that of a PG.
- Long Stroke Spool
- The Long Stroke Spool has a longer stroke compared to conventional spool designs. This ultimately produces a smoother line lay during retrieval and translates into increased casting distance for anglers.
- Micro Module Gear II
- State-of-the-art gear tooth surface design and MicroModule Gear II are further advanced through Shimano's exclusive manufacturing technology. The surfaces of the drive gear and pinion gear have been analyzed from the ground up in pursuit of perfection.
- One-Piece Bail
- One-Piece Bail allows the line to travel unimpeded to the line roller. The seamless design reduces friction and decreases the chance of tangles or the line catching on the bail arm.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations, it has been determined that this spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- Rigid Support Drag
- By strengthening the spool support of the main shaft, the play and fluctuation of the spool during drag operation are suppressed, allowing smooth drag delivery even under high load.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- By combining Shimano's water-repellent coating and specially designed, water-channeling labyrinth construction, X-PROTECT provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear is eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures and allow for longer casts.
- Water-Resistant Drag
- With the use of rubber gaskets, the drag is sealed against intrusion of the elements such as water and dust.