Shimano Spheros Spinning Reel
When it comes to building reels designed to take on whatever adventure is calling your name, no one does it quite like Shimano. In true Shimano fashion, the Shimano Spheros Spinning Reel is built to handle it all. Its HAGANE body is rigid to eliminate body flex, pushing all the power into cranking. Shimano's cold forged HAGANE gears are precision cut to match perfectly, giving them a flawlessly smooth feel.
Shimano amped up this reel's defenses with their COREPROTECT coating which keeps the reel's roller clutch, body, and line roller safe from salt and sand. This reel's bearings are equipped with added shields as well to help prevent any sand or salt from interfering with the bearings rotation. Go out and face that adventure with the Shimano Spheros Spinning Reel!
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead, the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- G Free Body
- G Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- The concept of COREPROTECT is simple... to provide water resistance without creating a heavy rotation feeling. There are three key areas of the reel that require protection; the roller clutch, the body and the line roller.
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
Ratings & Reviews
Great reel at a great price
Bought 2 3000 size reels for steelhead fishing and they are awesome. The reel picks up line fast. The reel has a 2500 size profile with a 3000 size spool. Highly recommend this reel for steelhead anglers.