Shimano Sienna RE Rear Drag Spinning Reel
The Shimano Sienna RE Rear Drag Spinning Reel gives you a convenient, on-the-fly access to the drag. This reel provides the quality and performance to be expected from a Shimano reel in an affordable and compact package. The rear drag system allowing for adjustments to be made with less risk of line trouble or breakage.
- Rear Drag
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- This feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Power Roller II
- Line twist arising from repeated casting and retrieving is reduced by as much as 50% on reels equipped with the Power Roller line twist reduction system. Power Roller's special grooved design assures the line will be wrapped on the spool to minimize unwanted loops and twists during the cast.
- Super Stopper II
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- Normal oscillation systems use a constant rotation of the oscillation gear that, when translated to the cam, provides an inconsistent spool speed. This results in line lay that stacks at either end of the spool. By using an oval oscillation gear, we are able to alter the speed of the oscillation cam to provide a consistent spool speed. This results in an even line lay that provides excellent castability and manageability.
Select from the models below
Ratings & Reviews
SWEEEEEET REEL !!!
Great Great reel, and I mean not just "for the price" , but against any freshwater reel. Makes me smile just operating this engineering winner. Fish on.