Shimano NASCI FC Spinning Reel
Select from the models below
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
The Shimano NASCI FC Spinning Reel meets angler demand for a smooth and durable reel that can be used for multiple fishing situations, including freshwater and saltwater locations. Shimano provided the NASCI spinning reel with cold-forged HAGANE Gear technology for durability beyond that of die-cast or machined sprockets. Shimano's CoreProtect solution safeguards the roller clutch, the body, and the line roller, increasing durability and water resistance without hindering rotational feeling. Then there is SilentDrive, the same science behind Shimano's flagship reels, that reduces noise and reel vibration. With components found in reels priced higher and the manufacturer's typical attention to detail, the Shimano NASCI FC Spinning Reel is a solid bet!
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- The concept of COREPROTECT is simple... to provide water resistance without creating a heavy rotation feeling. There are three key areas of the reel that require protection; the roller clutch, the body, and the line roller.
- Silent Drive
- From the fundamental, whole body design to the most intricate parts of the drive train, including the drive gear, wormshaft, wormshaft pin and wormshaft gear, every piece has been carefully reviewed, and the smallest clearance gaps and wobbles have been eliminated to the highest tolerances.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations, it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- G Free Body
- G Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the angler's hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
Ratings & Reviews
NASCI FC is a winner !
New NASCI is a winner! Not quite a Stradic but for half the price it is absolutely more than half the reel. Buttery smooth and a stout drag. Cant wait to take it north to tangle with Canadian smallies...finally !!!
All I can say is WOW! For 100 bucks this reel is as good as it gets. I own an old NASCI and liked it but the updated model blows the old one away. So much smoother and has a better look. Killer spinning reel for all species at an affordable price.