Shimano Curado MGL K Low-Profile Casting Reel
Shimano Curado MGL K Low-Profile Casting Reel Models
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
Small but mighty, the Shimano Curado MGL K Low-Profile Casting Reel is dependable and durable! Designed with Shimano’s HAGANE Body, this reel is rigid and strong, allowing for years of top fishing performance! The CI4+ material is a technical carbon material; it is highly rigid while maintaining a comfortable, lightweight feel. Shimano designed this reel with their MGL Spool, which helps to reduce the moment of inertia, allowing anglers to achieve greater casting distance and accuracy.
The Curado MGL K Low-Profile Casting Reel has a Cross Carbon Drag system, giving you a wider range of drag settings, while also remaining smooth and powerful. With the SVS Infinity braking system, the reel uses weights and inner friction to control the speed of the spool for precision casts, even with lighter lures. The Shimano Curado MGL K Low-Profile Casting Reel will help you improve your casting performance!
- CI4+ is an advanced version of the original CI4. This highly technical carbon material maintains 2.5 times more rigidity than CI4. While improving lightness and rigidity, the body and rotor are further reduced in size and weight.
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminate body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- MGL Spool
- The lightweight Magnumlight (MGL) spool design significantly reduces the moment of inertia, allowing anglers to experience greater casting distance and accuracy with a wider variety of lures.
- MicroModule Gear
- The MicroModule Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. This gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- S3D Shimano Stable Spool Design
- Shimano's S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin-wall aluminum-constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- SVS Infinity
- Shimano's innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- SF Super Free Spool
- SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF, the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures and allow for longer casts.
- Manufacturer's one-year limited warranty
Ratings & Reviews
I have been using this reel as my go-to flipping and punching setup. It is incredibly smooth, and operates like a well tuned sports car. I would buy and buy and buy again. No issues, all performance. It’s a winner
Cast for Days
You can cast this thing a mile! Shimano makes the best reels and the curados are tough to beat. This reel is very durable and did I mention that you can cast this thing forever?