Shimano Curado K 300 Low-Profile Casting Reel
Select from the models below
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
The Shimano Curado K 300 Low-Profile Casting Reel is built for anglers whose only cure is to go after big fish! Are you that person? The 300-size spool is deep and intended to launch big baits for distance on heavy-pound lines when the focus is on catching monster swimmers. The Curado K 300 Casting Reel is armed with a long handle and the wide knobs needed to apply extra power. The rigid HAGANE body remains sturdy when battling whales of the species you target. Shimano provides a standard 4.7:1 gear option that can both fish slowly and methodically with the ability also to work Alabama rigs and magnum crankbaits. The Shimano Curado Low Profile K 300 is also offered in an HG 6.6:1 gear ratio for retrievals that require a faster pace if you want to work baits aggressively or quickly reel topwater slack. The Cross Carbon Drag system is smooth and offers a wide adjustment range to stop leviathans of the deep from getting away. If you have "Big Fish Fever," get what the doctor would order for you; a powerful Shimano Curado K 300 Low-Profile Casting Reel!
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminate body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures and allow for longer casts.
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- S3D Shimano Stable Spool Design
- Shimano's S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin-wall aluminum-constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- SF Super Free Spool
- SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Manufacturer's one-year limited warranty