Shimano Cardiff Round Casting Reel
Shimano Cardiff Round Casting Reel Models
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
Shimano Cardiff Round Casting Reels have been redesigned and are now available in both right- and left-hand retrieve. Cardiff Reels feature five silky-smooth A-RB bearings, a lightweight, diecast one-piece aluminum frame, Super Stopper anti-reverse and Shimano's VBS braking system. This is a reel you can depend on, day-in and day-out, that will perform beyond your expectations. The high speed gear ratios of 5.8:1 and 5.2:1 make these reels perfectly suited to fish lures such as worms or jigs which require a high-speed retrieve and instantaneous hook sets.
The Cardiff has the cast control located on the handle side, allowing you to adjust the Variable Brake System without changing hands.
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- One-Piece Diecast Aluminum Frame
- Rubber Handle Grip
- Aluminum Sideplates and Spool
- Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines
- Clicker (models 400A and 401A only)
- Non-Disengaging Levelwind System (models 400 & 401 only)
- Recessed Reel Foot (Except on models 400A & 401A)
- Three Post Quick Take Down (except on 2-post models, CDF100A)
- These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- Metal Series
- The metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
- Super Stopper
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
Ratings & Reviews
All around great reel I use for big or heavy lures it casts further than my best spinning reels. I have a couple of the internal brakes on it and keep the tension screw a little loose and virtually no backlash .The star drag comes in handy with the really big fish smooth retrieve really had no problem with the product a bit pricey but your getting quality .Own two other baitcasters but prefer the round ones personal preference I get a lot of backslashes with the plueger Trion but the Cardiff I prefer