Shimano Calcutta B Round Casting Reel
Select from the models below
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
Shimano Calcutta B Round Casting Reels represent the core of Shimano's quality, versatility, dependability and long-term value. In sizes up to the 30 lb. test class 700, there's a Calcutta reel for almost any application, in fresh or saltwater. With Dartanium Drags, A-RB Anti-Rust Bearings, and Super Stopper systems, the Calcutta will give you years of solid performance.
- Lo-Mass Drilled Spool System (200GTB only)
- Drilled Crossbar (200GTB only)
- 3-Position Power Grip (700B only)
- SV Power Paddles (400B only)
- Manual Return Clutch Lever (700 models only)
- Non-Disengaging Levelwind System (400 & 700 only)
- Clicker (400 & 700 only)
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool
- These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- Metal Series
- The metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
- Super Stopper
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
Ratings & Reviews
Why can't companies produce left hand reels for all models?
Doesn't make no sense haveing to use a right hand reel if your dominate arm is your right to fight fish..
I have a few Corvalus' for my Cat rods,and I'd have a few of these for my surf rods but as it is......no lefties....
Finest of a Dying Breed
I have the CT200GTB. I use it for largemouth bass fishing and inland saltwater fishing for redfish and speckled trout. It casts better and has a smoother retrieve than any of my comparable low profile reels. The drag is smooth enough and strong enough to handle redfish up to 10-12 lbs and virtually any largemouth you might encounter. I have used it for two years and it is still as smooth at the day it came out of the box. Fine reel and worth the money. Round reels seem to be a dying breed these days. This reel may be the finest of that breed.
by Nicolai -
I went on a Drum fishing trip with a buddy in the Pamlico sound and he was using 400b's. They were a dream. Casted far, smooth drag, and reeling is butter smooth. We brought in 20 drum that night, from 20 to 55lbs and these reels were so good, that I came home and bought two of them the next week. I paired them up with 7ft Ugly stick Tiger lite rods and have loved them since. I am using 50lb braid, and with a little practice and the cast friction control knob, you can launch a lure or bait a long way without backlash. These are really nice reels. I am thinking of buying the 700's for some heavier offshore stuff. Cannot go wrong with the 400's for a variety of fishing types, from casting inshore to trolling for spanish or blues. With braid on, you can get enough line on for a reel burner like Kings too.
by KK -
The 200GTB is just as good as the 200GTE, plus you'll save $130. Recently used both on a trip to the Texas coast. Also, the 200GTB is easier to clean.
My husband loves these reels!
by gone fishing again! -
I bought these for my husband as a Christmas present...he asked for them by name. He uses a left handed reel, and almost inpossible to find in a sporting store locally...so I went online. The people at FishUSA were wonderful....very nice on the phone and checked stock to ensure that I would get my shipment by Christmas.