Okuma Convector Line Counter Reel
Select from the models below
Okuma Convector Line Counter Reels offer premium components and performance at a value price. These powerful reels are built with aluminum and stainless steel at all critical stress points, plus a Mechanical Stabilization System, to help maintain alignment.
The redesigning of the Convector takes this reel to a new level. This reel features quick-set anti-reverse, utilizing a special oversized one way roller bearing, to eliminate all handle play and guaranteeing immediate hook sets. The Convectors have three ball bearings - two stainless steel sealed bearings and one one-way roller bearing. They also include Okuma's new drag material, Carbonite. This proprietary drag balances the two most important qualities in a drag without sacrificing either - smoothness and high-end drag pressure. These new drags have the softness to set the hook in the soft mouth of a lake trout, and the drag pressure to crank a running tuna to the boat.
- Lightweight, corrosion-resistant frame and side plates
- Machined aluminum, gun smoke anodized spool
- Stainless steel reinforcing side plate rings
- Mechanical line counter function measures in feet
- Multi-disc Carbonite drag system
- Ratcheting drag star for precise drag settings
- 2BB+1RB Stainless steel bearing drive system
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Dual anti-reverse system - mechanical and roller bearing
- Speed Lock pinion gear system
- Durable stainless steel main and pinion gear system
- XL Gearing: Drop down gear box
- Self-Lubricating Gear System
- High-speed gear ratio on DS models
- Wide Mouth Levelwind: Clearance for copper line
- Spool stabilizing system for increased durability
- Ergo Grip handle knobs
- DLX represents left hand crank line counter models
- MSS: Mechanical Stabilizing System for increased durability
Ratings & Reviews
Workhouse reel of the Great Lakes
by Matt Hrycyk
Durable and powerful reel. Great for walleye trout and salmon.
by Shane D
Super smooth reel great drag system. Handles the abuse of years of use.
Perfect for Trout and Salmon trolling in the Great Lakes.
Using these in all sizes for trolling in Lake Ontario, running 15 of the high speed spooled for downriggers, leadcores, and coppers. Very good quality for the price, all of mine I did upgrade to Dragmasters carbon drag washers, these will last you a long time and will bring in anything Lake Ontario has to offer, great value, perfectly suited to the job.
Okuma CV45DS line counter reel
by Ned Peterson
The CV45DS is the Gold Standard reel for leadcore trolling. We've done a lot of comprehensive testing of most other brands of trolling reels (including some cheaper Okuma reels) and found that this reel has the most accurate line counter of any brand. We've tested everything from Cabela's D series lime counters (also made by Okuma) to a much more expensive Diawa reel. We spool this reel with 150 yards of 50# braid backing and 100 yards of 18# Suffix Performance leadcore for a perfect fill. Note: it is important to spool the backing very tightly.
Great reel, very good price.
Got my reel in one day. Great reel, Great price. Works great for lake trolling. Will buy all my fishing supplies from FishUSA.