Okuma Cold Water High-Speed Wire Line Reel
Okuma Cold Water High-Speed Wire Line Reels are constructed of tough, corrosion-resistant, lightweight materials for long-lasting durability. These reels have a powerful drag and heavy-duty machine-cut brass gears. Stainless steel ball bearing plus a self-lubricating design ensure these reels run smooth.
- Designed with high speed gear ratios for increased line pickup
- Line counter on 303/453DS models
- 553LS is a large diameter high speed levelwind reel (no counter)
- Oversized brass XL gearing system
- Multi-disc Carbonite drag washers for maximum efficiency
- 2HPB + 1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- Dual anti-reverse system for maximum strength and reliability
- Quick-Set stainless steel anti-reverse roller bearing
- Machined aluminum, anodized spool
- Speed Lock pinion gear system for instant engagement
- Ergo grip handle knob for increased comfort
- Wide Mouth levelwind: Increased knots clearance
- Silent retrieve system for increased smoothness
- MSS: Mechanical Stabilizing System for precise alignment
- XL gearing: Drop down gear box for maximum gear sizing
- Self-lubricating gear system for maximum heat dissipation
- One-year manufacturer's limited warranty
Select from the models below
Ratings & Reviews
Ok for the price will not buy another
by Up North Doug
I bought on on a good sale at FishUSA. The reel is inexpensive. The line capacity is good. My main concern is the drag. When setting / engaging and disengaging the drag the resistance curve is not linear. There is almost no drag, until the very highest setting. My experience is the a high quality reel will have a more linear drag function.
The ultimte leadcore reel!
by Charles D.
It's incredibly difficult to find high speed line counter reels and Okuma nailed it with this one! Have two and love mine.