Okuma Cold Water High-Speed Wire Line Reel
Okuma Cold Water High-Speed Wire Line Reel Models
Okuma Cold Water High-Speed Wire Line Reels are constructed of tough, corrosion-resistant, lightweight materials for long-lasting durability. These reels have a powerful drag and heavy-duty machine-cut brass gears. Stainless steel ball bearing plus a self-lubricating design ensure these reels run smooth.
- Designed with high speed gear ratios for increased line pickup
- Line counter on 303/453DS models
- 553LS is a large diameter high speed levelwind reel (no counter)
- Oversized brass XL gearing system
- Multi-disc Carbonite drag washers for maximum efficiency
- 2HPB + 1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- Dual anti-reverse system for maximum strength and reliability
- Quick-Set stainless steel anti-reverse roller bearing
- Machined aluminum, anodized spool
- Speed Lock pinion gear system for instant engagement
- Ergo grip handle knob for increased comfort
- Wide Mouth levelwind: Increased knots clearance
- Silent retrieve system for increased smoothness
- MSS: Mechanical Stabilizing System for precise alignment
- XL gearing: Drop down gear box for maximum gear sizing
- Self-lubricating gear system for maximum heat dissipation
- One-year manufacturer's limited warranty
Ratings & Reviews
Good solid reels for the money.
Beast of a reel. Solid!
by Hobie fishin
Paired with a Shimano talora troll rod and spooled with braid and lead core. Love the star drag. It clicks! Bait clicker is great. Fully strong enough to hold the line in a free spool while trolling. Feels a little stronger than a kastking rover / rekon. I have each of those for trolling lead core. Line counter works 100% of the time. Anyone with a different story, call okuma and replace it. Literally clockwork on that.
It feels big. It’s on a big rod but still it has presence. Very quality for the money. I wanted a Calcutta / Shimano but settled on this and I am not disappointed! Would suggest this reel to anyone trying to troll leadcore or a deep water downrigger setup. I love my kastking rovers, I have several for different troll methods. It’s clear that’s $55 when compared to a reel like this. Even the kastking rekon, the highest quality round reel, clear difference in feel. I’ll buy another okuma any day.
Great dipsy reel
by Steve T
I have this set up for slide divers and wire divers. For slide divers it’ll hold 400 yards of 20lb mono backing and 300 yards of FINS Metered Colored Braid. With that capacity, high speed gearing and a great drag it’s perfect for King salmon and lake trout.
Great reel for the price.
by Vince S.
Great reel for the price and I exclusively run the cold water reels on my boat. The high speed reels are great for wire divers, copper and lead core set ups. I do recommend a drag upgrade ($10-$15 per reel) if you plan to pull magum divers with wire or braid. The factory drags work fine with 5-7 colors of core, standard divers and up to about 250' of copper or wire.
Delivered on time, But ice still on the lake!
My local tackle shop which sells Okuma reels was not able to get these in the store so I looked online and FishUSA had them in stock and from the time I ordered it was at my door in 4 days. as far as the reel it feels like quality and seems smooth action, but we still have ice on the lake so cant give it the full test yet.