A BerleyPro Native Watercraft Steering Upgrade improves your existing steering mechanism and allows the rudder to bite into the water. It will be like you have a new kayak with this steering upgrade! You can do this changeover to better steering in 30 minutes. This BerleyPro steering conversion kit features two drums that replace the previous wheel and grub screw attachments, add a different way to tension your cables, and prevent the existing cord from falling off and causing a hassle.
These BerleyPro drums allow full movement of the rudder and promote a nice and even feel from a rear attachment point, ensuring the cord moves an even length as you turn each way. (Imagine a rope that coils around two wheels, and the cord travels the same distance both ways). Wrapping the cord around the front drum delivers complete rudder movement without restriction from a front attachment point. A cover plate with four brass inserts allows the line to be looped over and tightened quickly for the ability to tension and take all the play out of the handle. Never make continuous adjustments while the rudder moves in the chop or current! Buy the BerleyPro Native Watercraft Steering Upgrade conversion kit if you want your kayak to gain greater control and make sharper turns on the water.
- Most recommended steering upgrade for Native Watercraft kayaks
- Kayak models: Slayer Propel 10, Slayer Propel 13
- Trusted by tournament anglers around the world
- Qty. per Pack: 1
- Kit includes the following:
- Handle drum with top and bottom routing to let the cord pass over itself
- Core treated and polyester jacketed for high strength and minimal stretch Spectra cord with 295kg/650lb breaking strength
- Tension cover with twin cord locking inserts so you can lock the cord down and be sure it won’t pull out
- Tappered rudder control disc with rear attachment point
- Stainless steel fasteners
- Pull through braid