Shimano Curado BFS Casting Reel
Select from the models below
The Shimano Curado BFS Casting Reel widens the Curado low-profile reel family with a finesse fishing focus for tournament and amateur anglers. This is a casting reel engineered so that you can cast ultralightweight lures more subtly than with traditional low profile casting reels. Among the BFS (Bait Finesse System) Casting Reel's attributes is a shallow and extremely lightweight spool designed to hold thinner diameter fishing lines. Shimano also made an adaptation to the Finesse Tune Brake system and moved it from the spool to the palming side plate with the positive effect being a weight reduction in the spool. Less weight in the spool means the reel turns easier and that you can cast lightweight tackle with more nuance! Mechanically, this braking system on the Curado BFS Casting Reel uses the cast's own centrifugal force and magnetic brakes to automatically slow the spool only when braking is necessary, and anglers have the ability to modify the rate of slow-down themselves. Fishing with lighter and lighter lures on a casting rod requires a delicate touch and engineering makes this control possible when you use the Shimano Curado BFS Casting Reel!
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- S3D Shimano Stable Spool Design
- Shimano's S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- SF Super Free Spool
- SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Exciting Drag Sound
- The electronic sound is an audible drag sound from the reel when a fish makes a run. This creates a modern solution to the mechanical clicker while adding excitement to your day.
- FTB - Finesse Tune Brake
- Shimano developed the Finesse Tune Brake (FTB) to achieve unparalleled casting performance of lightweight lures by eliminating the brake unit from the spool. This revolutionary design further reduces weight beyond traditional spool-porting designs that keep the brake unit attached.