FishUSA, Inc. (www.fishusa.com), headquartered near Erie, Pa., is an industry-leading online fishing tackle retailer, dedicated to customer service and timely delivery of products throughout the world. We are currently seeking candidates for the Marketing Specialist 1 position. This is a full-time, hourly position based at our facility located in Fairview, PA, west of the City of Erie, and requires work Monday through Friday with occasional required work in the evenings and on weekends.
The Marketing Specialist 1 will work across all areas of the marketing department, and will also support our overall marketing efforts and assist in other areas as needed.
An excellent benefits package is available for full-time employees (after a successful probationary period) that includes health, vision and dental insurance, paid time off, an employee discount, paid holidays, and more.
Specific responsibilites of this position:
- Assist with our pay-per-click marketing efforts
- Assist with our written and video content creation and blog site
- Assist with our search engine optimization efforts
- Assist with our marketing efforts on third-party platforms
- Assist with our affiliate and co-op marketing programs
- Build marketing web pages and provide support to other teams who build speciality web pages
- Assist with on-site marketing efforts on our websites and social media properties
- Assist with marketing events both at our location and externally
- Work with our vendors, pro and extension staff members, industry partners, and Marketing, ECommerce and Merchandising teams to further our marketing efforts
- Work with our Content Strategist to develop our written and digital content
- Assist with photo and video shoots
- Design relevant, visually appealing and industry-specific graphics to our graphic design standards
- Remain up-to-date on current trends and best practices in online marketing and recommend potential marketing opportunities and initiatives
- Balance and prioritize multiple projects to meet goals, deliverables, and deadlines
- Manage and track updates for all assigned projects
- Support our overall marketing objectives and department as needed
- An undergraduate degree in a marketing-related field, or comparable experience
- Basic knowledge of HTML, PPC, SEO, Google Analytics, and general online marketing concepts
- Ability to work with graphics software
- Ability to attend off-site marketing events and video and photography shoots in all conditions, including standing in the water and from watercraft
- Ability to travel off-site to marketing events and video and photography shoots, and to participate in those events for up to 8 hours
- Ability to work on a computer for up to 8 hours
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with anglers and members of the fishing community
Passion for ecommerce marketing, and for the outdoors and outdoor sports
Desired qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Knowledge of sportfishing, and a passion for fishing, are highly desirable; candidates with a passion for fishing will be giving special consideration
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in E-Commerce
- Basic website design and development experience
This position provides an opportunity to work in a growing and fast-paced eCommerce field, and will provide exposure to a wide range of functions.
Interested and qualified candidates should send us their resume, in Word or PDF format, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, in response to this posting. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We are passionate about the outdoor lifestyle in general, and fishing in particular.
FishUSA is a fast-growing e-business. Come grow with us!