Shimano TranX Low-Profile Casting Reel
Shimano TranX Low-Profile Casting Reel Models
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
The Shimano TranX Low-Profile Casting Reel will tackle any freshwater or saltwater fish you are after. The TranX provides unparalleled massive cranking power with a smooth, effortless retrieve, and easy throwing by merging both X-Ship and HEG technologies into one reel. Perfect for throwing big baits and catching big fish! These low profile baitcasting reels also feature Shimano's Coreprotect water-resistant design joined to critical areas. The protective coating causes water to bead up and roll off the reel for an even longer-lasting value.
The TranX Low-Profile Casting Reel family covers various saltwater inshore fishing needs. The 200-500 models are perfect for throwing big baits and catching big fish! The smaller 150 offerings, sized for the Texas and Gulf Coast wading angler in mind, feature the palmability of freshwater reels for lighter inshore presentations. Design and technology make the Shimano TranX Low-Profile Casting Reel series ideal for inshore fishing applications.
- S A-RB: Available on 500 Models/300-400 Models/200 Models/150 Models
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- SF Super Free Spool: Available on 500 Models/300-400 Models/200 Models/150 Models
- SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- HAGANE Body: Available on 500 Models/300-400 Models/200 Models/150 Models
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminate body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- Cross Carbon Drag: Available on 500 Models/300-400 Models/200 Models/150 Models
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- VBS: Available on 500 Models/300-400 Models
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- SVS Infinity: Available on 200 Models/150 Models
- Shimano's innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- X-SHIP: Available on 500 Models/300-400 Models
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures and allow for longer casts.
- HEG: Available on 500 Models/300-400 Models
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First Shimano increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, they have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- COREPROTECT: Available on 300-400 Models/200 Models/150 Models
- The concept of COREPROTECT is simple... to provide water resistance without creating a heavy rotation feeling. There are three key areas of the reel that require protection: the roller clutch, the body, and the line roller.
- S3D Shimano Stable Spool Design: Available on 300-400 Models/200 Models/150 Models
- Shimano's S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- CI4+: Available on the 150 Models
- CI4+ is an advanced version of the original CI4. This highly technical carbon material maintains 2.5 times more rigidity than CI4. While improving lightness and rigidity, the body and rotor are further reduced in size and weight.
- One year limited manufacturer warranty
Ratings & Reviews
Power House Reel !
I have the TRX400A. This reel is an absolute power house when it comes to torque and power. I have used it on Musky and Salmon and this reel has disappointed me once. A must buy if you need heavy stopping power!
by Frank V
This is the best reel I've ever owned!! I took it out on a recent 3-day trip in the Channel Islands and landed four White Sea Bass up to 30 pounds and a 35-pound Yellowtail that really gave it a workout!!
Best Reel for Big Baits
The Shimano Tranx 500 is an absolute workhorse, and is my go to reel for big rubber baits. I have literally spent hundreds of hours throwing Pounders and Husky Medusa's with this reel, and it hasn't skipped a beat. It pulls tons of line with each crank of the reel (30-43 inches), which makes it easy to fish these big rubber baits as fast as you would ever want. I've fished with this reel in the toughest conditions possible, from blistering hot days on Lake St Clair, to icy cold, snowy days on Lake of the Woods, and everything in between, and the Tranx 500 is always up to the task. If you want to catch big fish, throw big rubber baits and pick up a Shimano Tranx 500.