Shimano Spirex FG Spinning Reel
The Shimano Spirex FG Spinning Reel features Shimano's S-Concept, offering anglers smooth rotation and comfortable retrieve, coupled with excellent drag performance. Shimano Spirex FG Spinning Reel also features Varispeed oscillation, SR one-piece bail wire, a graphite frame, sideplate, and rotor, and five shielded anti-rust ball bearings. Fluidrive gearing offers the highest tolerances and utmost control in the gear-cutting process, to ensure a smooth and powerful retrieve every time. The Dyna-Balance system eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor. Shimano's Propulsion line management system features a special spool and component design which helps line come off the spool more efficiently. The system also helps the line lay on the spool more evenly so repetitive casting always has the same performance.
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool
- These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- This feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Fluidrive II
- Building upon the successes of Fluidrive, Fluidrive II features a large master gear polished using a wrapping process, increasing the efficiency of the retrieve.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- Quickfire II
- For easy and fast one-handed casts, the line and trigger self-center and are within easy grasp of the angler's index finger
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Normal oscillation systems use a constant rotation of the oscillation gear that, when translated to the cam, provides an inconsistent spool speed. This results in line lay that stacks at either end of the spool. By using an oval oscillation gear, we are able to alter the speed of the oscillation cam to provide a consistent spool speed. This results in an even line lay that provides excellent castability and manageability.
Select from the models below
Ratings & Reviews
must be a great reel - I own three
by Silver Fox
I use this reel for winter steelhead fishing as well for light trout. with 10# P-Line CX it will cast to the far bank with ease, drag is smooth and consistent
Best small spinning reel
I own three of these reels - they replaced reels costing twice as much
Best Reel, Best Quick Fire !!
Awesome Reels ! I have several and my three children have several each.
<br>Trout, Steelhead, Salmon, Shad !!
<br>Shimano Please KEEP this model available, we love the quick fire & double handles.