Shimano Sahara Rear Drag Spinning Reel
The Shimano Sahara Rear Drag Spinning Reel is one of the most durable and smooth reels for its price point that is available today! Featuring the Fightin' Drag system, this reel allows the angler to return to the original drag setting by using a strike point on the Fightin' Drag lever. When the angler moves the lever to the strike position, a loud click can be heard, and then the lever will snap into position!
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool
- These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- This feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Fluidrive II
- Building upon the successes of Fluidrive, Fluidrive II features a large master gear polished using a wrapping process, increasing the efficiency of the retrieve.
- Power Roller II
- Line twist arising from repeated casting and retrieving is reduced by as much as 50% on reels equipped with the Power Roller line twist reduction system. Power Roller's special grooved design assures the line will be wrapped on the spool to minimize unwanted loops and twists during the cast.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
Ratings & Reviews
by Dylan H -
It's really hard to find a quality small rear drag reel. This one is an absolute beauty
Thumbs up to Shimano, once again.
by Willy B.
This is a GREAT reel that confirms Shimano's quality. I only fish with rear drag spinning reels, which are getting harder & harder to find. Luckily, Shimano still makes a high quality rear drag reel. Very smooth and the fighting drag system is a really nice feature. You will not regret buying this reel.