The FishUSA Flagship Ice Rod series launched our FishUSA fishing rods, and this hardwater series is a comprehensive set of ice fishing rods in ultra-light and medium powers, ranging from a hard-to-find super ultra-light 27-inch stick to a 48-inch light power, long ice rod. All Flagship Ice Rods feature an elegant dark blue metallic finish and orange hi-viz tips with a red accent.
A 24Ton super-sensitive and powerful graphite blank is the foundation for these FishUSA ice rods with reel seats made from amalgamated cork for comfort and durability. Speaking of staying power, we don't cheap out on the heavy-duty reel seat rings to hold your reel firmly to the beveled handle. We use stainless steel guides (select models feature the Seaguide brand), and we didn't forget the hook keeper. Please read on for more about the FishUSA Flagship Ice Rod series!
- Flagship Series Ice Rods:
- 27 in. Super Ultra Light – The hard-to-find SUL option is perfect for small to medium ice jigs; detects the slightest bites with the strength to easily handle large panfish; SUL action also prevents tearing a hook through paper-thin mouths of crappie and other panfish. The split grip reel seat was specifically designed to allow for a perfect ergonomic fit when fishing the rod in the “pistol grip position” with a spinning or inline reel. This rod features heavy-duty fly rod guides to allow for enhanced durability.
- 27 in. Ultra Light – Must-have for jigs and smaller jigging lures; an excellent choice for a multi-purpose panfish ice rod; UL action also prevents tearing a hook through paper-thin mouths. Like the super ultralight and light models, this rod is super comfortable in the hand and is built with high-quality components. The advantage of this model over the super ultralight model is that you can fish a little heavier jig. If the fish are more aggressive, this model will also provide a little more backbone for your hookset.
- 28 in. Medium Light – Ideal for larger jigging spoons and other jigging baits; will give you more control over the lure action while also allowing for a better hookset. Using a spinning reel with this rod is recommended, as you will have more control when jigging your lures. This rod features stainless steel guides – perfect for any type of ice fishing line.
- 28 in. Medium – Ideal for targeting larger fish in deeper water; the main advantage is consistent hooksets and optimal lure control. This length and action are one of the most popular models of all time. Pair this with a quality spinning reel, and you will be set for jigging up those walleyes.
- 30 in. Light – Great option when jigging for larger fish and using a variety of lures, such as large jigs, spoons, and hard baits; perfect for a live bait presentation. Like all of our super ultralight and light models, this rod will fit comfortably in your hand and provide all of the backbone you need for a solid hookset.
- 32 in. Super Ultra Light – Ideal for small to medium ice jigs, this rod can detect even the slightest bites and handle large fish with ease. It features SUL action to prevent tearing hooks through delicate fish mouths and a split grip reel seat for a comfortable fit. Additionally, heavy-duty rod guides enhance the rod's durability.
- 36 in. Medium – Ideal for targeting larger fish in deeper water; the main advantage is consistent hooksets and optimal lure control. This is the big brother to the 28” model. This rod can handle those monster walleyes on Lake Erie, Saginaw Bay, or Bay of Quinte.
- 46 in. Light/48 in. Light – Like the 30-in. option, ideal for larger jigs, spoons, and hard baits. This rod was designed for the “hole hopper.” You know, the guy who likes to drill 50 holes, move from spot to spot, and not sit down. The light action allows you to detect the slightest bite, but this rod also has a significant amount of backbone for hook setting. The longer length is also great for dock fishing before and after the hardwater season.
NOTE: The carousel image of FFSHIP-I-28ML displays its rod deflection. (JawJacker Hook-Setting Tip-Up sold separately.)