Shimano Baitrunner D Series Spinning Reels are classic Shimano reels that have been redesigned with new spinning reel technology and a modern, compact design. It still keeps it's secondary drag system that allows freespooling with the bail closed, resulting in excellent casting and high max drag with reduced backlash, wind knots, tangles, and friction on the line. Shimano Baitrunner D Series Reels feature Shimano's S-Concept, offering anglers smooth rotation and comfortable retrieve, coupled with excellent drag performance and longer casting distance. This leads to our smooth, flawless operation, silent and strong reels that are designed for years of fishing use.
Baitrunner D Series Spinning Reels also feature Varispeed oscillation for better line lay, SR one-piece bail wire, a cold-forged aluminum spool, a graphite frames and sideplate, Dartanium II drag washers and three shielded A-RB (anti-rust) ball bearings. Shimano's Propulsion line management system features a special spool and component design which helps line come off the spool more efficiently. This means smoother and longer casts, less line twist and no more wind knots, birdsnets or backlashes. The system also helps line lay on the spool more evenly so repetitive casting always has the same performance. Baitrunner Reels were designed for both saltwater and freshwater environments.
- Graphite frame and sideplate
- Propulsion Line Management System: Propulsion Spool Lip, S-Arm Cam, SR One-Piece Bail Wire, Power Roller III
- Varispeed Oscillation
- S-Concept: S-Rotor, S-Arm Cam, Direct Drive Mechanism (Thread-In Handle Attachment)
- Oversized Septon Grips for Power and Comfort
- WP Drag (Waterproof Drag)
- Machined Aluminum Handle
- Dartainium II Drag Washers (Cross Carbon)
- S A-RB (Shielded A-RB) Ball Bearings
- Super Stopper II
- Floating Shaft
- Fluidrive II Gearing
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines