The Newport Vessels NK180 Kayak Motor is at home either in fresh or saltwater. The brushless design offers excellent performance and power to increase kayak fishing anglers' range. Direct drive performance offers excellent energy efficiency and is extremely quiet for stealthy approaches to catch more fish. Connect either two 12V lead-acid deep cycle batteries to the brushless kayak motor for power or operate the NK180 with a lighter 24V lithium battery. The Newport brushless kayak motor offers two operating modes – 24V and 25.9V – allowing you to power up with 2x 12V GEL, lead-acid, or lithium deep cycle batteries.
The NK180 Kayak Motor bolts directly to a four-bolt PowerPole-style stern mount or set into the deck of most fishing kayaks from Hobie, Jackson, Bonafide, Native Watercraft, and more kayak brands. The N-180 mount pivots freely so you can avoid underwater stumps, logs, and boulders. If you happen to miss sighting these obstacles and clank into one, the durable aluminum motor head is ready to handle the abuse. You can turn the trolling motor like a rudder if you set it up with steering cables connected to your kayak's OEM mounted foot braces. In the case of SUPs and inflatable kayaks, a pin locks the motor into a forward driving position. To engage reverse, draw on a pull cord to keep the propeller from lifting out of the water as you back away. If you're seeking to increase the amount of water you can cover in an outing, the efficient, durable, and powerful Newport Vessels NK180 Kayak Motor opens the possibilities for you.
- Low noise, direct drive design
- 5+ mph brushless motor
- 24V - lithium or AGM (Battery not included)
- 1.8 hp equivalent motor unit
- Integrated rudder steering
- Braided stainless steering cable kit
- Motor lift cable handle
- Digital speed controller w/display
- Motor lift arm
- Three steering cable setup options
- Compatible with 24V deep cycle batteries or 25.9V LiFePo4 battery
- Four-bolt aluminum mount
- Installation kit (hardware included, additional hardware may be necessary depending on your exact make/model of kayak)
- Manufacturer two-year limited warranty
- Input voltage: 24V
- Battery type: lithium or lead-acid (not included)
- Thrust: 60 lbs.
- Inside length: 86 in.
- Propeller diameter: 5.9 in.
- Mount bracket dimensions: 14 x 6 in.
- Min. mount dimensions: 5.5 x 4.5 in.
- Shaft length: 19.7 in.
- Shaft diameter 1.15 in.
- Total weight: 14.3 lbs.
- Motor housing length: 8.75 in.
- Motor housing width: 3 in.
- Max amp draw: 25A
- Max propeller speed: 1800 rpm
- Max test speed: 5.7 mph
- Speed controller wire: 8 ft.
Please note: The kayak shown in the images is for display purposes only and is not included.