Pro Shop Product Specialist - Full Time
FishUSA -- based near Erie, Pennsylvania -- is a dynamic and rapidly-growing company that blends traditional niche retail with cutting-edge E-Commerce technology. Our online store, FishUSA.com, is one of the nation's leading independent online retailers of fishing tackle.
We are seeking to fill a full-time Pro Shop Product Specialist position at our facility located in Fairview, PA, west of the City of Erie. The Pro Shop Product Specialist acts as Customer Service in the Pro Shop and is the primary contact for all technical fishing-related questions.
This is a full-time, entry-level, hourly position. Flexible hours, including availability to work in the evenings and on the weekends, are required. Health benefits may be available following a probationary period.
- Be the face of FishUSA for customers who come into the Pro Shop.
- Deliver excellent customer service with a positive, professional attitude.
- Accurately and efficiently check out customers and handle order transactions.
- Provide Customer Service support on technical fishing-related questions we receive with face to face interaction.
- Back-up our Customer Service department on technical calls, emails, and chat.
- Produce written and video content for use on our Angler Resources and social media sites.
- Track and report on customer interaction with our site and our customer service department.
- Assist in handling special order requests.
- Remain current with the FishUSA online product catalog.
- Transferring and managing inventory between the Pro Shop and warehouse.
- Merchandise products in the Pro Shop to keep current to the season and current promotions.
- Spool reels and maintain a clean and organized spooling station.
- Passion for and general knowledge of various types of fishing.
- Must portray a positive team attitude.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Friendly and cheerful personality.
- Proficiency on the computer.
- Ability to learn our proprietary software (training will be provided).
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work on a computer up to 10 hours.
- Ability to stand up to 10 hours.
- A willingness to help where needed during peak business events.
- A willingness to participate in product and promotional videos.
- Experience in retail customer service.
- A broad knowledge of fishing, fishing types, and fishing products in multiple categories, including fishing kayaks and fishing kayak accessories.
Interested and qualified candidates should send us their resume, in Word or PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are also available at our Pro Shop, located at 6960 West Ridge Road, Fairview, during our regular business hours.
When applying, please include an explanation of your familiarity with fishing and the fishing industry. A cover letter is strongly encouraged.
FishUSA offers an informal but professional work environment. Local, individual candidates only.
FishUSA is a fast-growing e-business. Come grow with us!
FishUSA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Updated August 20, 2020