Graphic Design Specialist - Full-Time
FishUSA -- based near Erie, Pennsylvania -- is a dynamic and rapidly-growing company that blends traditional niche retail with cutting-edge E-Commerce technology. We are known for innovation, and our FishUSA.com website is one of the nation's leading independent online retailers of fishing tackle. Founded in 2000, we have established a national reputation for excellence--and we are also one of our industry's and Northwest Pennsylvania's fastest growing companies!
We are seeking to fill a full-time Graphic Design Specialist position in our offices located in Fairview, PA, west of the City of Erie. The Graphic Design Specialist works as a team with other Graphic Design Specialist(s) to create and maintain all visual components of the FishUSA website, daily marketing emails, and advertising. The Graphic Design Specialist reports to the Marketing Director and may assist the Social Media & Outreach Manager, as needed.
This is a full-time, entry-level, hourly position. Health benefits may be available following a probationary period.
- Take and edit photos to our Graphic Design specifications using a digital camera and editing software.
- Design relevant, visually appealing and industry-specific graphics, to our standards, for website, email, online advertising and print advertising.
- Create Marketing text and content, as needed.
- Contribute to business development efforts for new sales and marketing efforts.
- Balance and prioritize multiple projects to meet goals, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Work with vendors, marketing and sales teams, and other sources to obtain and create graphic content.
- Remain up-to-date on current trends and best practices in Graphic Design and recommend potential creative approaches and design elements.
- Establish and maintain effective team relationships with all support departments.
- Adapt to changes and remain flexible.
- Work with Graphic Design Specialist(s) to update and maintain FishUSA Graphic Design Standards.
- Provide backup for E-Commerce Production product images, if needed.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in graphic design, visual communications, or related field or applicable work experience.
- A graphic design portfolio displaying creative and conceptual thinking in various platforms.
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design).
- Proficient in Word and Excel, or similar software.
- Experience with digital photography.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Be open to feedback, able to accept criticism, and be willing to make constant changes and revisions to designs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective team relationships with all support departments.
- Excellent punctuality, time management, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions, including web browsers, email, and keyboard shortcuts.
- Ability to work on a computer up to eight hours per day.
- A willingness to help where needed during peak business events.
- A positive team attitude.
- Experience in E-Commerce
- Experience in video production and video-editing software (Sony Vegas, Final Cut Pro, etc.)
- Knowledge of sport fishing, and a passion for fishing and the outdoors
A cover letter is strongly encouraged.
Interested and qualified candidates should email us with an expression of interest and, if available, send us their resume, in PDF or Word format, to email@example.com. Applications are also available at our Pro Shop, located at 6960 West Ridge Road, Fairview, PA, during our regular Pro Shop hours.
FishUSA offers an informal but professional work environment. Local, individual candidates only.
FishUSA is a fast-growing e-business. Come grow with us!
FishUSA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Updated February 7, 2019