E-Commerce Copywriter - Full-Time
Do you have a passion for writing and creativity? As the E-Commerce Copywriter, you will be responsible for writing and/or proofing compelling product and category descriptions, as well as optimizing said content for SEO. You must be driven to find new and innovative ways to improve written content and SEO to work with Google’s ever-changing algorithm. We are striving to be number one in E-Commerce in our industry, and the E-Commerce Copywriter will play a significant role in achieving this goal.
FishUSA -- based near Erie, Pennsylvania -- is a dynamic and rapidly-growing company that blends traditional niche retail with cutting-edge E-Commerce technology. Our online store, FishUSA.com, is one of the nation's leading independent online retailer of fishing tackle.
We are seeking a full-time E-Commerce Copywriter for an hourly position. This position will work with the E-Commerce Production Manager and Marketing Director to create compelling product descriptions and sales copy to drive sales. Health benefits may be available following a probationary period.
This is primarily a data entry position. It is a full-time, entry-level, hourly position, starting at $10.00 per hour. Health benefits may be available following a probationary period.
- Write compelling and relevant product and category descriptions that sell, using information from product inspection, brand websites, print, your own fishing knowledge, and other sources.
- Ensure product and category descriptions are clear, concise, unique, and appeal to our customers.
- Ensure product and category descriptions fit our standards and style guidelines.
- Master the fundamental skills in SEO so that all product and category descriptions are SEO-optimized.
- Keep current with SEO and E-Commerce industry trends, standards, and best practices.
- Provide backup for the following:
- Update data, images, and descriptions for current products.
- Gather information from product inspection, brand websites, print, and other sources to verify product names, technologies, and brands are spelled properly and to ensure descriptions, specifications, and data are accurate.
- Enter detailed data, including part numbers, UPCs, dimensions, and pricing, into our web-based system to create new products in our online store.
- Update closeout and discontinued products. Add discounts as directed by Buyers.
- Collaborate with E-Commerce Production Manager and Marketing Director to improve SEO and data entry processes.
- Adapt to changes and remain flexible.
- Assist with other necessary tasks as requested.
- Provide backup in the Warehouse, or other departments, as needed.
- Ability to write clearly, accurately, and professionally with excellent grammar.
- Ability to gather data and information from manufacturers and suppliers, including electronic and printed data sources, and enter it quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work on a computer up to eight hours per day.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions, including web browsers, email, and keyboard shortcuts.
- Excellent punctuality, time management, and organizational skills.
- A willingness to help where needed during peak business events.
- A positive team attitude.
- Passion for fishing, fishing experience, and general knowledge of various types of fishing and fishing tackle.
- Degree in English or Writing--or advanced training in this area.
- Copywriting experience.
- Ability to quickly and accurately enter and revise detailed product data.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Knowledge of digital photography and ability to manipulate and optimize product photos using Adobe Photoshop, Gimp, or other digital editing software.
- Experience or background in online marketing, e-commerce, and/or communications.
When applying, please include an explanation of your familiarity with fishing and the fishing industry.
Interested and qualified candidates should send us their resume and cover letter, in Word or PDF format,, to email@example.com. Applications are also available at our Pro Shop, located at 6960 West Ridge Road, Fairview, PA, during our regular Pro Shop hours.
FishUSA offers an informal but professional work environment. Local, individual candidates only.
FishUSA is a fast-growing e-business. Come grow with us!
FishUSA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Updated April 26, 2019