Vexilar FL-18 Ultra Pack
The Vexilar FL-18 Ultra Pack is designed to exceed all expectations for the serious winter angler. This innovative pack offers features like an enclosed 9 amp, 12 volt battery controlled by a master on/off switch. A D-130 digital battery status indicator comes standard along with a 1 amp digital battery charger, protected external charging ports, universal transducer holder, "dead stick" rod holder and even your own Vexilar tackle box! Each model also comes with the DD-100 Digital Depth Indicator System that provides a constant digital read-out of the bottom depth as well as the battery status with the push of a button.
- Super strong handle with float holder
- High profile for easy access to controls and great display visibility
- Pre-drilled holes for optional accessories
- Cable storage and holding grips
- Tackle box holder with tackle box includes
- Transducer holder, fits all sizes of ice-ducers
- Ice-ducer support bolt fits in three positions
- Master power switch
- Non-slip bottom
- Ultra Pack fits in a five gallon bucket
- Easy access external charging/power posts
- Enclosed battery compartment
- Includes Vexilar D-130 DigitalBattery Status Indicator
- Quality 9 amp SLA battery and automatic 1 amp digital charger
- Adjustable rod holder, fits on either side
- Free instructional DVD included
The FL-18 is the core of this Pro Pack. It is the next generation of color LED flasher that will be setting new standards of performance and features. The FL-18 offers features and performance never before available on a three-color flasher. It offers a patented split-screen display which allows you to zoom-in on the bottom six feet while watching the entire water column at the same time. You will be amazed at the performance for both summer and winter. The "Bottom Lock" feature stays locked on the bottom even as the boat is bouncing up and down in big waves. The Auto Zoom mode is fantastic for watching Perch or Walleye while ice fishing when they commonly hold tight on the bottom with target ID of less than ½ inch.
The FL-18 is also equipped with features like a built-in shallow water mode for fishing waters under 15 feet deep; Five depth scales down to 200 feet for the standard model (and down to 300 feet for the deep model); Built-in interference rejection; A three color LED readout that tells you if the targets you see are weak (green), medium (orange), or strong (red). This three color LED technology has proven to be the most reliable and accurate way of understanding where fish are holding.
- Auto Zoom Mode (AZ) - Gives a half screen zoom window of the bottom six feet of depth. No matter if you're in 10 feet or 100 feet, the bottom six feet always fills half of the screen. This gives you resolution never before possible in deep water!
- Bottom Lock Mode (BL) - Works the same as Auto Zoom, but locks the bottom so it will not move with changes in depth or boat motion. Spot a Walleye on the bottom at 40 mph!
- Low Power Mode (LP) - Reduces the output power by 50%. This feature takes the place of the Vexilar S-Cable. Both the AZ and BL modes are available within the LP mode.
- Super Bright and Rock Solid Display - The new Light Emitting Diodes along with a high power driver circuit and a screaming fast wheel speed gives the FL-18's display unmatched brightness and signal clarity.
- Five Depth Ranges - The Standard FL-18 include 20', 40', 60', 80', and 200 foot ranges.
- Interference Rejection - Pressing in on the Gain knob cycles you through ten different IR setting to allow you to knock out interference from another close by depth sounder.
- Power output: 400 watts peak-to-peak (50 watts RMS)
- Frequency: 200 kHz
- Target resolution: 2.65" minimum
- Display resolution: 0.5" normal / 0.3" zoom minimum
- Target ID: .5" minimum
- Transmit rate: 40/sec
- Power consumption: 275 MA at 12 VDC
- Unit dimensions: 4.4" high x 6" wide x 2.5" deep
- Unit weight: 1.1 pound
- 2-year Manufacturer's warranty
Ratings & Reviews
One of the best units on the market
by Bassin' 4 Fun -
I use this unit solely for ice fishing, however it can also be used on open water with the bottom lock feature to hold the bottom 6 feet while under power. The best feature of this unit is by far the auto zoom! You can zoom in on the bottom six feet of the water column while ice fishing, which equates to more hookups and more fish caught. I cannot say enough about this unit and how well it performs! The features this unit offers and the versatility of the unit are well worth the money paid!