Vexilar FL-18 ProPack II
The Vexilar FL-18 ProPack II comes fully assembled and factory tested to give anglers a complete package system that has everything you need to start using electronics for ice fishing. Using only quality components, the ProPack starts with a tough carrying case that not only holds your sonar unit and battery, but also fits into a five gallon bucket, which is perfect for carrying onto the ice. Mounted in the case is a powerful 12 volt, 9 amp sealed lead acid battery, including a Vexilar V-410 1 amp digital battery charger. You also get a Vexilar D-130 Digital Battery Status Indicator to tell you when you need to change your battery, and it also shows you when charging is complete to avoid battery damage. You will also receive a free instructional DVD to guide you through the learning process. Each model also comes with the DD-100 Digital Depth Indicator System. The DD-100 provides a constant digital read-out of the bottom depth as well as the battery status with the push of a button.
- Includes 12-degrees Ice-Ducer Transducer
- Rod Holder - adjustable to two possible mounting locations
- Tackle Box - Clear for easy viewing
- Pre-drilled holes in the handle for optional accessories
- Two side cable holding cleats
- Designed to hold all of Vexilar's after-market accessories
- Each ProPack includes a Vexilar FL-18 flasher
- Model PC-100 hard carrying case
- Model V-120 9 amp 12 volt battery
- Model V-410 1 amp digital battery charger
- Model D-130 digital battery status indicator
- Free instructional DVD
- Power output: 400 watts peak-to-peak (50 watts RMS)
- Frequency: 200 kHz
- Target resolution: 2.65" minimum
- Display resolution: 0.5" normal / 0.3" zoom minimum
- Target ID: .5" minimum
- Transmit rate: 40/sec
- Power consumption: 275 mA at 12 VDC
- Unit dimensions: 4.4" high x 6" wide x 2.5" deep
- Unit weight: 1.1 pound
- 2-year manufacturer's warranty
The FL-18 is the core of this ProPack II. It is the next generation of color LED flasher that will be setting new standards of performance and features. The FL-18 offers features and performance never before available on a three-color flasher. It offers a patented split-screen display which allows you to zoom-in on the bottom six feet while watching the entire water column at the same time. You will be amazed at the performance for both summer and winter. The "Bottom Lock" feature stays locked on the bottom even as the boat is bouncing up and down in big waves. The Auto Zoom mode is fantastic for watching Perch or Walleye while ice fishing when they commonly hold tight on the bottom with target ID of less than 1/2 inch. The FL-18 is also equipped with features like a built-in shallow water mode for fishing waters under 15 feet deep; Five depth scales down to 200 feet for the standard model (and down to 300 feet for the deep model); Built-in interference rejection; A three color LED readout that tells you if the targets you see are weak (green), medium (orange), or strong (red). This three color LED technology has proven to be the most reliable and accurate way of understanding where fish are holding.
- Auto Zoom Mode (AZ) - Gives a half screen zoom window of the bottom six feet of depth. No matter if you're in 10 feet or 100 feet, the bottom six feet always fills half of the screen. This gives you resolution never before possible in deep water
- Bottom Lock Mode (BL) - Works the same as Auto Zoom, but locks the bottom so it will not move with changes in depth or boat motion. Spot a Walleye on the bottom at 40 mph
- Low Power Mode (LP) - Reduces the output power by 50%. This feature takes the place of the Vexilar S-Cable. Both the AZ and BL modes are available within the LP mode
- Super Bright and Rock Solid Display - The new Light Emitting Diodes along with a high power driver circuit and a screaming fast wheel speed gives the FL-18's display unmatched brightness and signal clarity
- Five Depth Ranges - The Standard FL-18 include 20', 40', 60', 80', and 200 foot ranges
- Interference Rejection - Pressing in on the Gain knob cycles you through ten different IR setting to allow you to knock out interference from another close by depth sounder
Ratings & Reviews
Fantastic fishing equipment
by Dutch -
I purchased this vexilar after years of fishing without one, what was I waiting for. Great addition to my ice fishing gear, I will not fish without it. I will be using the bottom lock option as well this year on my fishing boat.
wont fish without it
because of this unit I can catch allot more fish. the bottom zoom help determine jig and fish separation. I wont go fishing without this
My new FL-18
by Hoosier Fisherman -
The seeing the bottom 6 feet is great for bluegill and perch fishing. This unit is far superior to my old FL-8 unit.
See them swim
by matter -
single best purchase for ice fishing
by SKIP -
THIS SHOULD BE ON YOUR SHORT LIST OF THINGS THAT ARE FUN AND FUNCTIONAL FOR FISHING! I PURCHASED THE VEXILAR 18 FOR ICE FISHING BUT CANT WAIT TO TRY IT THIS SUMMER. DONT MISS OUT ON A GREAT PRODUCT.
Don't ice fish without a flasher!!!
If you don't have a flasher, GET ONE! You will wonder how you caught anything without one. It may take a little practice to get used to what it's showing you. But once you got it figured, and try some different techniques, you can catch fish just about any time, anywhere.
amazing little unit
by ivan the terrible -
i use this product for ice fishing. i just bought it and i just read the book once and understood it right away.it is simple to understand once you know what the colors mean and you will catch more fish. their is nothing bad i can say about this product. i would buy this again for sure.