Standard Horizon HX890 6W Class H DSC Floating Handheld VHF/GPS
This item can only ship via ground to the 48 contiguous United States.
The Standard Horizon HX890 6W Class H DSC Floating Handheld VHF/GPS is an essential communication device for your boat and kayak. The features may save your bacon someday. Two built-in scrambler systems ensure secure communications on the water. The easy-to-operate menu system is intuitive for making DSC (Digital Selective Calling), position sharing, waypoint and route navigation, and deploying a DSC distress call. Designed to be used on all currently-allocated marine channels in USA, International, and Canadian bands, the Class-H DSC GPS transceiver is operational from 11 to 16 VDC and has a switchable RF output power of 1 watt, 2 watts, or 6 watts The portable marine VHF transceiver's Class H operation permits continual receiving of Digital Calling Functions on Channel 70 even if the radio receives a call. The HX890 high-performance transceiver and its internal 66 channel GPS receiver acquire WAAS and QZSS satellite signals. Relax with FM radio bands if you want to listen to some tunes.
The HX890 passes rigorous tests to conform with the Military Standard (MIL-STD-810F) and also features an ergonomic case. The handheld radio package includes such accessories as the rechargeable Li-Ion battery, alkaline battery tray, 110V wall charger, 220V adapter, charging cradle, 12V charger, PC programming cable, and a belt lip with lanyard. Standard Horizon backs the HX890 with a three-year waterproof warranty. The Standard Horizon HX890 6W Class H DSC Floating Handheld VHF/GPS should provide many years of satisfying communications even in the harshest environments. Be smart, be safe.
- Floating 6 watt Class H DSC handheld VHS/GPS
- Submersible IPX8 construction
- Easy to operate with a large 1.7 x 1.7 in. display with day/night modes
- Conforms to military standards; rugged case provides excellent ergonomics – 2.60 x 5.43 x 1.50 in.
- 700mW Loud Audio and Noise Canceling function for both TX/RX audio
- DSC (Digital Selective Calling) ITU-R M.493 Class-H Operation
- Built-in integrated 66 channel WAAS GPS Receiver
- 11-hour operating time with 1800mAh high capacity Li-ion battery
- Waypoint and route navigation
- GM (Group Monitor) using DSC Group Position Call – continuously track and display position information of up to 9 pre-selected vessels
- MOB (Man over Board) feature
- Water Activated Emergency “WHITE” strobe light – automatically activated, even when the unit is off
- Two scrambler systems built-in – 4-code CVS2500A & 32-code FVP-42
- Versatile scanning operation (Dual Watch and Triple Watch)
- NOAA weather channels with weather alerts
- FM broadcast radio receiver
- Micro USB data jack for PC programing
- Manufacturer's 3 year waterproof warranty