St. Croix Seage Spinning Rod
This item may be subject to a packaging fee that will be shown in cart.
St. Croix Seage Spinning Rod Models
The St. Croix Seage Spinning Rod is a surf fishing rod designed with the experienced input of hardcore surf anglers. The Seage builds upon the St. Croix legendary surf rods lineage, delivering superior construction and technologies for anglers who demand longer casts and harder hooksets under the most adverse conditions. Are you one of these people? The Seage offers unrivaled impact protection and possesses a serious backbone through a combination of improved SCII carbon fiber with technologies FRS (Fortified Resin System) and ART (Advanced Reinforcing Technology). Not to get too technical, but FRS is a fortified "super resin" cured in computer-operated ovens, which St. Croix states result in blanks that are 33% stronger than those made with standard resins and curing methods. ART is an "exotic" carbon fiber material that adds significant hoop strength to the blank so that it doesn't deform under a severe load, as you might get with a forceful hookset or battle with a fish. Conquer beaches, breakers, and boulder fields with this rugged surf stick! The Siege rod features models for every surf scenario. Off-set ferrules on two-piece models deliver one-piece performance. Backed by a 15-year warranty, a surf rod from the St. Croix Seage Spinning Rod series will deliver season after season.
- Constructed with SCII carbon fiber that has more flexural strength and is lighter than its previous formulation
- Strategically placed ART and Veil reinforcing technologies increasing strength and impact protection
- ART - Advanced Reinforcing Technology is an exotic carbon fiber material that adds a magnitude (10X) of strength with virtually no increase in blank diameter or weight. ART significantly improves the hoop strength of the blank by preventing it from deforming or "ovaling" under a severe load. ART is also a critical part of the St. Croix slim-profile ferrule design.
- FRS - Fortified Resin System combines a fortified super resin with new computer-operated curing ovens that provide improved temperature and time management through all stages of the curing cycle. FRS prevents microbuckling by keeping the carbon fibers in proper alignment. Blanks manufactured using this advanced manufacturing protocol consistently test out 33% stronger than those built with standard resins and curing methods.
- Off-set ferrules on two-piece models deliver one-piece performance
- Sea Guide Hero Hi-Grade guides with slim aluminum oxide rings and SS316 stainless gun smoke frames
- Sea Guide NPS reel seat with integrated black hoods
- X-Flock covered slim diameter handles
- Winn comfort focused foregrips
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish
- 15-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service