St. Croix Legend Elite Fly Rod
St. Croix Legend Elite Fly Rods feature St. Croix's revolutionary Integrated Poly Curve technology - the same technology that's made the Legend Elite spinning and casting rods the leaders in their categories. A dramatic improvement over the compound tapering method used by other high-end rod manufacturers, IPC rods are built on one continuous curve which eliminates weak spots. The result is mind-staggering cannon-like casting power coupled with a remarkable degree of feel. These rods are built from St. Croix's high-modulus, high-strain SCV graphite and are outfitted with the absolute finest components available. All Legend Elite Fly Rods include St. Croix's slim-profile ferrule technology package. With nineteen models to choose from, in freshwater and saltwater, there is a Legend Elite for any situation.
St. Croix Legend Elite blanks are composed of high-modulus, high strain SCV graphite, with 100% carbon-matte scrim reinforcement. This material produces rods that feature greater strength, faster loading, and are up to 20% lighter than comparative models. These rods also feature St. Croix's FRS resin for extreme durability, strength and sensitivity.
- Constructed using St. Croix's revolutionary (IPC) Integrated Poly Curve tooling technology
- Advanced Reinforcing Technology (ART)
- Fortified Resin System (FRS)
- High-modulus/high-strain SCV graphite with FRS and carbon-matte scrim for unparalleled strength, durability, and sensitivity
- Super high-modulus/high-strain SCVI graphite in lower rod sections for maximum power and strength with reduced weight
- Slim profile ferrules with alignment dots
- Flora-grade cork handles
- Fuji Alconite stripper guides with polished frams on freswater rods
- Fuji MN Saltwater Alconite stripper guides with polished frames
- Hard chrome, single-foot fly guides on 3 - 6 wt. freshwater rods
- Hard chrome snake guides on 7 - 10 wt. freshwater rods and all saltwater rods
- REC anodized aluminum reel seats on 3 - 6 wt. freshwater rods
- REC anodized aluminum reel seats with fighting butt on 7 - 10 wt. freshwater rods
- REC anodized aluminum reel seats with fighting butt on saltwater rods
- Rugged rod case with handle and divided polypropylene liner
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish
- Manufacturer's 15 year transferable warranty
St. Croix Legend Elite Fly Rods are made in the U.S.A.
Ratings & Reviews
St. Croix is quality all the way.
by Vetteman -
I bought the 7 weight for a back up for fresh water and salt use. However it is so well balanced and light, I think it will be the first rod I pull out for trout or bonefish.
Have a 3 weight I use in Wyoming streams
I love the rod. I had to pay $30 buck for a case that came with rod to replace a cap which fell off while getting to stream. It is an Imperial rod. The lifetime G does not include the case. Such a shame. What a bad experience and St Croix Charged me for shipping also of more than $5.00.