Simms G4 Pro Stockingfoot Chest Waders
Simms G4 Pro Stockingfoot Chest Waders are built for the most demanding angler. Chasing down big rainbows on New Zealand's Ruakituri River calls for light tackle and waders that can take a beating. These waders come without a zipper. G4 Pro Waders feature 5-layer Gore-Tex Pro Shell Technology through the legs with three layers through the upper body for the ultimate in durability with true breathability.
- Color: Greystone
- 5-layer and 3-layer Gore-Tex Pro Shell fabric technology
- Incorporates more 5-layer fabric than any other wader, throughout legs, waist and seat
- Adjustable stretch spacer mesh/elastic suspenders
- Comfortable lined hand warmer pockets provide room for heater packs, offer quick/easy hand warm-up and convenient hand placement
- Thermolaminated, zippered Schoeller fabric chest pocket with retractor docking station
- Flip-out Tippet Tender pocket includes patented built-in retractor
- Patented front and back leg seam construction for improved fit, increased articulation, and decreased leg seam abrasion
- Low profile belt loops accommodate 2 inch wading belt
- Includes Simms' Super-Fly patch and retractor
- Built-in Gravel Guards feature ultra abrasion-resistant material for added durability
Simms G4 Pro Stockingfoot Chest Waders are made in the U.S.A.
Ratings & Reviews
Best fishing purchase yet
The G4 waders are the single best fishing product I own. I could not be more pleased with my purchase 6 years ago. My history with waders has not been very poor to say the least. I fish a lot and I am rough on my equipment. Equipment that is poor in quality usually does not last through the season. Before I had bit the bullet to purchase a pair of Simms waders I was going through a pair to two pairs of waders per year. Most of my fishing trips I would bring two pairs of waders that I would rotate through as I could count on one pair leaking or bursting a seam. After an ice out fishing trip where the seem in the crotch broke out I purchased a pair of Simms G4 waders. Since then I have thrown out all of my other pairs of waders. These waders are indestructible. I have had the G4 waders for six years and still have no leaks anywhere. I am impressed by the durability of the GORE TEX fabric and the workmanship of Simms. About the half of the fishing I do is in a float tube and this kind of fishing wears on the seams of the butt of the waders. On previous pairs of waders I have broken these seems and I have been pleased how the 4 layers of GORE TEX have held up. Other pairs of waders will be less expensive but you will have to repair them and eventually get rid of them when they fail. Simms and their GORE TEX waders will last you through many life times of other brands of waders. I review gear for GORE fishing products and I am very pleased with this purchase. If these waders ever wear out, with out hesitation I will purchase another pair.
Definitely expensive... but worth it!
No, these waders are not inexpensive by any means but yes, they are worth the money. I've tried two different pairs of Patagonia waders and also owned a pair of Simms G3 waders prior to purchasing my G4 waders. I really liked my G3 waders but absolutely love my G4 waders. The additional layers of goretex in the crotch and butt offered in the G4 as well as some design features make the G4 a much better choice based in my experience with the G3 and G4 waders. I fish year-round for steelhead and also fish the trout season using my G4 waders andâ€‹I love them. My only recommendation is to go to the Simms website, watch the videos on proper care/maintenance of waders, and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. I neglected to do so with my G3 waders and ended up cutting their lifespan short. I still got 5 years if hard use (fishing 200+ days per year) of them but they would have lasted longer. Bottom line, if you can make this purchase, you won't regret it when you're on the river.