Shimano Ultegra XTD Surf Spinning Reel
Shimano Ultegra XTD Surf Spinning Reel Models
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
The Shimano Ultegra XTD Surf Spinning Reel is equipped with some of Shimano's best technology. This reel features X-Ship to increase gear durability when fighting heavy loads. The Ultegra XTD utilizes Aero Wrap II, a patent worm gear design, to offer consistent longer casts, less line friction, and a smoother performance. Surf anglers will benefit from the instant hook-setting power from the Ultegra XTD Surf Spinning Reel.
- Aero Wrap II
- This two-speed oscillation system layers the line onto the spool in a crisscross pattern that reduces line-to-line friction for longer casts. AeroWrap reels utilize a patented worm gear design to move the spool upward quickly and downward slowly to wind the line in a precise pattern, reducing friction, and giving smoother, longer casting ability.
- This feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Super Slow Oscillation 5
- Slower spool oscillation reduces the speed the line travels up and down the spool on the cast. This results less friction as line leaves the spool and reduced drag on the lead, which improves casting distance and accuracy. Shimano Standard Oscillation (up to 20 wraps per cycle) outperforms the industry standard. Shimano Slow Oscillation (up to 40 wraps per cycle) exceeds almost anything else ever seen. Shimano now has two Super Slow Oscillation systems Super Slow5 (55 wraps) and Super Slow 10 (105 wraps).
- Super Stopper II
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.