Shimano Ultegra XTC CI4+ Surf Spinning Reel
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
The Shimano Ultegra XTC CI4+ Surf Spinning Reel provides surf anglers with the latest technology in long-casting spinning reels. This saltwater reel combines CI4+ construction, X-Protect water resistance, and a Hagane Gear to give sruf anglers the durability and rigidity they need. The CI4+ material is light yet rigid, reducing the weight of the reel for all-day fishing comfort. To maximize casting performance, this reel features the Super Slow 5 oscillation that creates perfect line lay. For exceptional water resistance, Shimano created a labyrinth design, three-lipped rubber seal system. A cold-forged aluminum Hagane Gear adds smoothness and power, giving anglers enough strength to reel in the extra beefy fish.
- AR-C Spool
- A patented spool design with a V-shape spool lip means line peels off the reel in smaller loops, resulting in longer and more accurate casts. The AR-C spool also minimizes the risk of backlash.
- The ultimate in lightweight design.
- G Free Body
- G Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Super Slow Oscillation 5
- Slower spool oscillation reduces the speed the line travels up and down the spool on the cast. This results less friction as line leaves the spool and reduced drag on the lead, which improves casting distance and accuracy. Shimano Standard Oscillation (up to 20 wraps per cycle) outperforms the industry standard. Shimano Slow Oscillation (up to 40 wraps per cycle) exceeds almost anything else ever seen. Shimano now has two Super Slow Oscillation systems Super Slow5 (55 wraps) and Super Slow 10 (105 wraps).
- By combining our water repellent coating and our specially designed, water channeling, labyrinth construction, X Protect provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.