Shimano Ultegra Spinning Reel
Shimano Ultegra Spinning Reels incorporate elements that respond quickly to a wide range of fishing situations. These reels feature some of the best technology, including X-Ship to support the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, eliminating any friction between the spool shaft and gear. The G-Free body technology heightens casting comfort and reduces fatigue by shifting the reel's center of gravity closer to the anglers hand position.
The star of Shimano Ultegra Spinning Reels is the Hagane Gear, which adds strength, durability, and resilience to withstand many years of fishing. These reels are protected by water-resistant Coreprotect. A layer system of crisscrossing the line onto the spool means less line friction and longer casting capabilities. Enjoy using Shimano Ultegra Spinning Reels for your next fishing adventure, and experience the smoothness and the power they have to offer.
- Front drag
- Aero Wrap II
- This two-speed oscillation system layers the line onto the spool in a crisscross pattern that reduces line-to-line friction for longer casts. AeroWrap reels utilize a patented worm gear design to move the spool upward quickly and downward slowly to wind the line in a precise pattern, reducing friction, and giving smoother, longer casting ability.
- The concept of COREPROTECT is simple... to provide water resistance without creating a heavy rotation feeling. There are three key areas of the reel that require protection; the roller clutch, the body and the line roller.
- G Free Body
- G Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
Ratings & Reviews
Ultegra vs Sahara
by dnunn -
The Ultegra is a very nice reel. Smooth, no noise, nice feel. For many years, the Sahara was my top model. Unfortunately, the quality of some of the components, most notably the handle/crank assembly, feels cheap and noisy, particularly with crankbaits and spinners. The Ultegra works fine for those applications. I still use the Sahara for anything other than crankbait-type lures. My guess is that this is how the market, pricepoint, and quality work together. Now, I'm spending an additional $50 for the reel I want.