Shimano TwinPower SW Saltwater Spinning Reel
Select from the models below
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
When taking on the powerful beasts of the open sea, you need that same kind of power in your gear. You need the Shimano TwinPower SW Saltwater Spinning Reel! Shimano created this reel using their HAGANE body designed to virtually eliminate body flex, allowing you to put all your power into reeling that monster of the depths in! The body is treated with the X-Protect water-repellant coating and Shimano's X-Shield, which consists of 12 critical gaskets that allow the TwinPower Spinning Reel to perform flawlessly in harsh saltwater conditions. The one-piece bail and propulsion line management system both work to reduce friction and prevent backlashes, which creates a smooth, accurate cast every single time! The TwinPower Spinning Reel is made to perform under some serious pressure. The Rigid Support drag strengthens the spool support, allowing for a smooth drag delivery even under a high load. Take on the seas' power with the performance and reliability of the Shimano TwinPower SW Saltwater Spinning Reel!
- Aero Wrap II
- This two-speed oscillation system layers the line onto the spool in a crisscross pattern that reduces line-to-line friction for longer casts. AeroWrap reels utilize a patented worm gear design to move the spool upward quickly and downward slowly to wind the line in a precise pattern, reducing friction, and giving smoother, longer casting ability.
- CI4+ is an advanced version of the original CI4. This highly technical carbon material maintains 2.5 times more rigidity than CI4. While improving lightness and rigidity, the body and rotor are further reduced in size and weight.
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Heatsink Drag
- A revolutionary structure located at the bottom of the spool, achieving overwhelming drag performance and improved durability. The heat sink generated by the drag section dissipates the heat generated outside the spool by about 50% to reduce the drag force drop due to heat. In addition, the "heat insulation sheet" which shuts off the heat flowing to the line on the spool, reducing spool line temperature by 30%.
- Infinity Drive
- The new main shaft supporting structure improves winding torque by 30% while allowing incredibly smooth and light rotation. This essentially means having the benefit of a quick line retrieve HG ratio reel but with the power and winding torque similar to that of a PG.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- Rigid Support Drag
- By strengthening the spool support of the main shaft, the play and fluctuation of the spool during drag operation are suppressed, allowing smooth drag delivery even under high load.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Silent Drive
- From the fundamental, whole body design to the most intricate parts of the drive train, including the drive gear, wormshaft, wormshaft pin and wormshaft gear, every piece has been carefully reviewed, and the smallest clearance gaps and wobbles have been eliminated to the highest tolerances.
- By combining our water repellent coating and our specially designed, water channeling, labyrinth construction, X Protect provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation.
- X-RIGID Rotor
- The Power Aluminum Body, X-RIGID Rotor, X-RIGID Bail and X-RIGID Handle combine to provide ultimate rigidity and eliminate loss of power caused by reel flex.