Shimano Trinidad A Conventional Reel
The Shimano Trinidad is a name that resonates with all Saltwater Anglers. It has earned an impeccable reputation for power and reliability world wide. Shimano's quest for the new Trinidad A was no easy task. Lighter, smaller and more compact were the key physical characteristics and they were accomplished. Shimano's performance goal was to build the best casting reel in this category. Shimano shattered its targets and built a reel for casting which all others will be measured by.
Trinidad A Conventional Reels offer the style, power, and speed that serious sportsmen everywhere need to get the job done. A wide variety of reel sizes ensure that Trinidad A reels can handle a wide variety of angling tasks. Features like Super Free free spool, ergonomic power handles and knobs, and the Super Stopper with Silent Twin Pawl Assist Stopper provide the angler with the extra boost needed for the toughest fish.
Trinidad A Conventional Reels also feature Shimano's E.I. surface treatment which drastically increases the corrosion resistance of the reel. E.I. is used on the spool, frame and sideplate (the most common spots where corrosion begins). This coupled with the use of S A-RB (shielded anti-rust bearings) makes for one of the best saltwater reels ever created. Shimano Trinidad A Conventional Reels include 8 S A-RB bearings and 1 A-RB bearing.
- Shimano's proprietary surface treatment of the spool and body allow corrosion resistance more than double the conventional surface treatment.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- SF Super Free Spool
- SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- Super Stopper
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.