Shimano Tiagra Conventional Reel
Shimano Tiagra Conventional Reels are designed with the serious angler in mind. The 12 reel is optimized for use with light lines, while the 16 reel is designed to be capable of extremely high drag, for use with modern braided superlines. Additionally, Tiagra reels are built to last with a machined aluminum frame and sideplates, a cold forged aluminum spool, and anti-rust bearings. For anglers who require the best combination of durability and a design tuned for light line performance or maximum drag, the Tiagra is the only choice.
The TI16 model has a Long Range Special (L.R.S.) style curve. This model's features are very steep allowing anglers to take advantage of its incredible maximum drag settings. It provides a wide range of settings between Strike and Freespool.
- Machined aluminum frame
- Machined aluminum sideplates
- Rod clamp
- Ergonomic power handle
- Twin disk drag system (16 only)
- Chrome plated sideplate screws
- Ratcheting drag lever
- Twin pawl anti-reverse system
- These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool
- These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- Metal Series
- The metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.