Shimano Tekota Levelwind Reel
Shimano Tekota Levelwind Reels feature a wide range of sizes and line capacities, rock solid construction and advanced features. These reels are a great solution for anglers who troll for both fresh and saltwater species. Great Lakes anglers and saltwater enthusiasts will love the durability and strength.
The Shimano Tekota is the end result of research, feedback, and time spent on the water. These reels are engineered for the long run with die-cast aluminum frames, smooth and strong drags, sturdy power handles with comfortable Septon grips, oversized clickers and cross-bar forward designs for easy access to the spool. The Tekota is great for use with all trolling techniques including downriggers, divers, planer boards, leadcore and wirelines.
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Diecast Aluminum Frames
- Stamped Aluminum Right Sideplate
- Aluminum Braced Graphite Non-Handle Sideplate
- Machined/Anodized Aluminum Spools
- Optional Rod Clamp Includes
- Manual Clutch
- Assist Stopper
- Dartainium Drag
- Oversized Cast Control Knob
- Septon Handle Grips
- Oversized Clicker Button
- Adjustable Handle Shank (700 and 800 only)
- Non-Disengaging Levelwind System
- Crossbar Forward Design
- Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and Braided lines
- These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- Metal Series
- The metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
- Super Stopper II
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
Ratings & Reviews
quality reel for salmon
by Cast and Blast -
Great for pulling 400+ feet of copper in the Great Lakes for salmon. Drags tend to become sticky before they should but work great after upgrading to the aftermarket carbon fiber discs.
Great Reels for the Money
I have two different sizes the 600 and the 700 and have used both throughout the last year and have been very satisfied with the performance of both. The 600 holds an over 300 yds of 25lb test and is very castable. The 700 spooled with 50lb mono is capable of moving all but the largest grouper off the bottom and bringing them boat side.