Shimano Tekota Levelwind Line Counter Reel
Shimano Tekota Levelwind Line Counter Reels feature a wide range of sizes and line capacities, rock solid construction and advanced features. These reels are a great solution for anglers who troll for both fresh and saltwater species. Great Lakes anglers will appreciate the palmable line counter and saltwater enthusiasts will love the durability and strength.
The Tekota is the end result of research, feedback, and time spent on the water. These reels are engineered for the long run with die-cast aluminum frames, smooth and strong drags, sturdy power handles with comfortable Septon grips, oversized clickers and cross-bar forward designs for easy access to the spool. The Tekota is great for use with all trolling techniques including downriggers, divers, planer boards, leadcore and wirelines.
The line counter on these reels was designed for ease of use. The left side plate design makes the reel extremely palmable and puts the counter between your thumb and forefinger for balance and control. There is easy access to the reset button, but it is protected against accidental resets.
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Diecast Aluminum Frames
- Stamped Aluminum Right Sideplate
- Aluminum Braced Graphite Non-Handle Sideplate
- Machined/Anodized Aluminum Spools
- Optional Rod Clamp Includes
- Super Stopper
- Assist Stopper
- Dartainium Drag
- Oversized Cast Control Knob
- Septon Handle Grips
- Oversized Clicker Button
- Crossbar Forward Design
- Non-Disengaging Levelwind System
- Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and Braided lines
- Manual Clutch (excluding 300 LC, 500LC & 600LC which are Auto-Return)
- Double Paddle Handle (300 models only)
- Counter Balanced Handle (Excluding 300, 300LC, 700 and 800)
- Adjustable Handle Shank (700 and 800 only)
- Palmable line counter with Maintenance Port (300LC, 500LC, 600LC only)
- These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- Metal Series
- The metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
- Super Stopper
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
Ratings & Reviews
by Fish Doctor -
I think they are one of the best line counters out there !
Don't get carried away with a larger model, use this one. When will you ever need 300 yards of line! Also used for dragging worms or bottom bouncing. Knowing exactly how much line to put out for what the fish want that day, is great knowledge. Nice for trolling behind a kicker or bow mounted trolling motor.
Holds plenty of line. Counter is accurate. Light yet sturdy. Very smooth. Built well.
Great Reel Overall
Have been using these for the past three years and they still perform as well as the first day out. I see the only drawback is the line counter isn't as accurate when using braid because of the diameter difference. After awhile you just adjust by the seeing the lure depth on the sonar as compared to the number on the line counter and formulate your actual depth with the line counter depth. Other than that it is engineered well.
I have 6 of the 500 models that I use to troll for walleye. I love how smooth they reel, the drag and how the line counters just work. I fished in SE Alaska last summer with an outfitter and he had a dozen of these reels on his boat fishing for salmon and halibut. We talked about how great they were and he said that he'd tried a bunch of different reels over the years and the Tekota's were the only ones that could stand up to the 250 days on the water a year that he put them through.
Most dependable linecounter made
by Fisher of Men
Though this is an expensive reel it is well worth the cost. I have used three other brands of line counter reels and all fell apart within a year or two, esp fishing for Salmon and trout. These take a licking and keep on ticking.
Not expensive for the quality & features
by Mr Pike -
Superior drag with click detent adjustment allows you to make changes one click at a time. Bulletproof line counter mechanism. Have used them for over 4 years & they are the best.
How deep is deep?
by Murray -
Concerned about ability to handle larger game fish (i.e. tuna, etc)